We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Recomendations

London
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Recomendations

Hiyah

My girlfriend and I will be in Manila for around 24 hours from the 31st December to the 1st January.

If anyone could recommend a nice hotel for us to stay in it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

tam
Level Contributor
258 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Recomendations

what area in Manila are you planning to stay? Well if you will be staying in Roxas Blvd area i could suggest Diamond Hotel, Manila Hotel or Westin... in Makati Area in Ayala Ave Shangri-La Hotel, Manila Pen, Oakwood ... these are good hotels all within shopping area, good bars & restaurant

London
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Recomendations

Hi Tam

Thank you for your recommendations

Am not actually sure which area we would be staying in, as it will be New Years Eve i would like it to be quiet near a likely place for celebrating.

Thanks again

tam
Level Contributor
258 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Recomendations

I guess westin plaza is nice quite far from main road and near the bay.. at the back of it facing the bay is nice and kinda romantic..

Regards

London
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Recomendations

Thanks Tam

tam
Level Contributor
258 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Recomendations

You're welcome banj.

Btw hows london after the bombing? just wonder how the situation is, i will be there for 3days in Sept 20 to 22.

Regards.

Paranaque City
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Recomendations

hi, if you would like to stay in the Makati area and would like to be in the heart of it, I suggest you stay at the Oakwood - they are within the ayala complex and everything is within reach. They have a very homey ambience and their rooms are bigger than other hotels. If you would like to stay in a hotel w/ lots of nice (yet pricey) restaurants inside, try Shangri-la Hotel. They have newly renovated rooms which are really nice. Peninsula is nice too though the rooms are a bit worn-out.

London
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Recomendations

Hi Tam

London is fine, no real change from before the bombings other than a heightened police presence at stations. Am still catching the tubes daily. Its 25oC outside and even sunny!

London
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Recomendations

cheers,

Will check out the Oakwood, sadly the Shangri-la Hotel may be a little out of our price range :-(

Scotland
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Recomendations

agreed london is fine, dont be put off coming anyone, only extra police about thats all. tb

Angeles City
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Recomendations

Try visiting asiarooms.com where you can check their room rates and viewthe hotel rooms and location. You don't have to book with them in orderto get the rates. I usually use this site to compare hotel prices.