We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Advise in Manila

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Taxi Advise in Manila

Dear all fellows,

Anyone can tell me how much of the rate charges for every meter of taxi? If taxi not using meter, how much would it be from Ortigas to Makati?

Thanks.

I M COMING...MANILA....

Eastern Shore of...
Level Contributor
781 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Advise in Manila

I am not sure the exact price per distance for the metered taxis, but a trip from Ortigas to makati is not far and should be less than 100 pesos on the meter.

You can also take the MRT for a fraction of that. I think it is 10 pesos from Ortigas to Ayala (Makati). Seriously consider this approach unless you are traveling with 3 or 4 persons, it is economical and faster. Traffic can sometimes bog down your trip in a taxi during the day.

Taxis are among the most frustrating aspect of traveling in Manila. Drivers often try to hustle you by quoting a price and not using the meter. It is always too high...usually by a factor of three. Insist on using the meter or get out and grab the next taxi. Often times, however, the choice is dismal when it is late at night or raining.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
234 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Advise in Manila

yes, agreed with goodpace.

been to makati couple of times..it is quite difficult to get a taxi especially on rainy day..

it happen to me once while queuing for a taxi outside Glorietta for more than 1hr 30min,yet cant get a taxi,in the end, decided to take a walk back to hotel which only took me 25min. can you imagine that?

But,remember also,if it is a rainy day,others will also try to catch MRT,then you would expect the train is packed with pipol..

travel using MRT during off-peak hours is the best.in your case, as mentioned by goodpace,it cost you not more than 12 peso from Ortigas to Ayala(makati) station.you would be surprise it is even faster than you were to take a cab.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
110 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Advise in Manila

If you are lucky to get a cab that uses the meter, there is a standard additional 10 pesos on top of the meter rate.

one thing you should plan about is to avoid (if possible) city transfers during rush hours on weekdays.

That's 7AM to 9AM in the morning and 5PM to 7PM (or until 8PM) in the evening.

On these hours, the MRT is full (think 1 person on every available space inside the train) while it is much difficult to get a cab. If you ever get one, high probability for the cab driver to ask for a fixed rate.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi Advise in Manila

What are the legit taxi companies in manila? I need to get from the airport to Makati City. Please pm me or reply to me on here, thank you :)

pasay
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi Advise in Manila

hello to all...if you want a service car..

just email me your sched and ill give you the rate for each pick/drop-off.

i have a car for rent with driver.

2007toyota corolla.

pinilik@yahoo.com

regards...k

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
732 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi Advise in Manila

Slightly a bit off topic...

Just came back from KL. Taxi drivers not using their meters are pretty much the same in Manila as it is in Kuala Lumpur. Drivers in Metro Manila are known not to use their meter specially during rush hours, but aside from peak hours, it won't be a problem. (I found it pretty surprising that at 12noon outside KLCC, 5 taxis waiting outside the mall doesnt want to use their meter, that on the 6th taxi, I had to give in. :(

If you're familiar with bargaining with taxis in KL, you'll find it easier here. But still, insist on the meter. If you hail a cab from a major mall, and avoiding rush hour, I'm pretty sure you'll be fine.

7. Re: Taxi Advise in Manila

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, October 08, 2009