We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

golf in manila

london
7 posts
Save Topic
golf in manila

Hi,

I will be in Manila for 3 days in Sept and I was wondering are there any public golf courses where one can play without having to wait hours to get a tee off!!Any suggestions welcome

fairfield...
Level Contributor
894 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: golf in manila

bigbillylondon,

The only public golf course in Manila in Club Intramuros. It's in the heart of Manila at Bonifacio Drive, Port Area, Intramuros. It's a very short challenging course, Par 66 only 4300+ yards. It offers the usual water hazards, sand traps, out of bounds. It has very narrow fairways and small greens, requires good placements of your ball for the next shot on the longer par four but requires target golf on par threes. Because it's in one of the busiest areas in Manila, the people walking/standing by adds to the excitement of your round. You can play this course in maybe two hours only, ideal for a business round.

It has all the necessary amenities geared for a business round. Driving range, putting green,pro shop, equipment rental, restaurant, etc...

You can reach them at this number (632)527-6613

I'm an avid golfer and I've played most of the golf courses in Metro Manila and it's vicinities. When and if you have more time to spend on a golfing holiday, you should play Wack Wack, Manila Golf Country Club, ForestHills, Southwood, Eagle Ridge, Orchard and others, all in one to two hours driving time.....

There are various golfing holiday packages that includes hotel, green fees, caddy fee, transportation, etc.... offered by a company. A friend of mine owns this company....

Enjoy...Golfing in the Philippines is one of the greatest pleasure in life..:-)

Papalo

london
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: golf in manila

thanks Papalo,

I will give it a go.I have played in Thailand which I enjoyed very much.I presume you can hire out a set of clubs there?Any idea what a round costs?

fairfield...
Level Contributor
894 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: golf in manila

bigbillyLondon,

February, 2007 was the last time I played there. I think I paid a discounted price p750 for the green fee, p600 for the caddy, p300 for the umbrella girl and I bought them lunch. There's equipment rental available at the pro-shop, although it might not be the latest models, if I'm not mistaken. Please double check with the the pro-shop before you head out there.

Word of advise, tip generously for good service but do not be tricked/fooled by some "sad" stories (if any would come up) by the caddy or umbrella girl.

Enjoy your game....:-)

Papalo

4. Re: golf in manila

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, October 02, 2009