We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More Nightclub Questions

Denver
Level Contributor
67 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
More Nightclub Questions

1. Are any of the nightclubs similar to Vegas clubs? I.e. VIP Room(If so, what's in there?), bottle service(If so, approx cost per bottle), Vegas music style(hip hop,etc)

2. What are the women like towards westerners. By that I mean, are there guards up, do they like them, are they approachable, are there working girls in there?

3. Would you stand out and look funny going to one of these clubs by yourself?

4. Are the Philippine men hostile towards American men?

thanks in advance

london
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: More Nightclub Questions

do a search on youtube for "manila nightlife" and you'll see...

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: More Nightclub Questions

There are tons of clubs you can choose from. I can't think of the names on the top of my head. However, if you're looking for more of a Vegas type of club you're better off in Makati at the Greenbelt area. It's not that far from Manila. The music is similar to what you'll find here in the states.

The women are very friendly. In fact most of the Filipino people you come across are very friendly. Just respect them and their culture and you'll be okay. You can approach anyone you want to. In fact, you'll have better luck there than here in the states.

I don't think the men are hostile at all. I've never had any problems with the Filipino men during my visits. If anything, they're just curious about you and where you're from.

I will advice you though to be careful about how you spend your money. This is from my own personal experience and just my opinion. Some might disagree with me. I been to the Philippines many times and approached many girls. Nothing bad happened but once you meet a girl chances are she will expect you to buy her and several of her friends drinks as well. I have no problem with that but in case you do I just want to let you know. Otherwise, the Philippines is a wonderful place and I'm sure you'll have a great time. Check out this website. I find it very resourceful.

http://www.beyondphilippines.com

Cheers!

Baguio city
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: More Nightclub Questions

I got western and asian friends who now come often Philippines, every two months, they said they are in love with the Philippines and its people,their favorite hang out, at Angeles City, with colorful nightclubs...it was my first time to enter clubs, i am a girl of course, it is more curious if a girl enters the club alone...,i was introduce to guards, that is for my protection whenever i go back alone...i get my foreigner friends have befriended guards, mamasans, managers, prostitutes,waitresses,gro's, they said they love them all...because they are friendly...no incidence they were robbed...but of course i am robbing them now as they decided to run a social welfare work for Filipino prostitutes and street children...better spending

in the Angeles clubs, the girls are friendly, of course it is what they are paid for as GRO's. And when anybody enters the club, it is expected that you buy a drink and the girls get to service or entertain you...if they join you, in every bottle of beer or glass they drink,they earn a commission...of course they'll drink a lot as they can...

do come Philippines, and experience Filipino Hospitality...go angeles city via clark and stay at Marquiz Hotel...that's where westerners hang-out at an affordable price...nice place...

4. Re: More Nightclub Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:22 pm, October 08, 2009