We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Spa in the Metro?

manila
Level Contributor
479 posts
1 review
Best Spa in the Metro?

Any suggestions, best experience on a relaxing spa in the metro?

The wifus birthday coming up and wanted to treat her to a rejuvinating spa experience. Anything similar to the Mandala or even better?

Thanks Folks!!!

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
643 posts
153 reviews
1. Re: Best Spa in the Metro?

Check out these websites:

www.sanctuario.com.ph

www.theomspa.com

www.suriyaspa.com

manila
Level Contributor
479 posts
1 review
2. Re: Best Spa in the Metro?

has anyone tried these spa? how would you rate it? how about the spa at the Mandarin?

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
734 posts
28 reviews
3. Re: Best Spa in the Metro?

I've tried the Mandarin spa last year, before it was renovated. Even then the place was great, peaceful, and tranquil. Perfect ambience. I don't know what else they could improve (other than creating a more impressive reception area). That was the first and last time I tried the stone massage. Not that it wasnt good, guess I just preferred the regular massages and tried it for experience. Paid around P3,500 for an hour and a half of the aroma stone therapy. Prices are quite steep, but you get what you pay for, then I guess the better for a special occassion. The Mandarin has an overnight spa package before, so might be a good idea to check out that one as well if they still offer those spa packages.

www.mandarinoriental.com/hotel/511000004.asp

I usually go to the (Sofitel) Philippine Plaza spa whenever I need a massage. Main reason is that they are open 24 hours, their prices aren't that expensive (they're actually priced comeptitively with other "spas in the malls" in the Metro) They too have a spa+accomodation package. I've always found the Phil. Plaza spa relaxing, though since it shares the same sauna and steam facilities as their health club, it gets a bit busy during weekends, so those days I try to avoid. They have a couples room, and also have packages for couples, and I've given these as a gift (gift certificates) to my friends in the past. I've noticed also that their spa menu, much like in other spas, has more to offer for women. So I'm sure the wife would really have a lot of pampering choices. :)

Sofitel Philippine Plaza

CCP Complex Roxas Boulevard

Pasay City

1300 MANILA

PHILIPPINES

Tel : (+63)2/5515555

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
734 posts
28 reviews
4. Re: Best Spa in the Metro?

And oh, when you mentioned Mandala, the only place close enough that i could think of that could match it is The Farm@San Benito in Lipa, Batangas.

I've done their "North Park Package" twice in the past. They have a variety of day spa packages available. The place is beautiful, but if you're a meat lover, you'll be terribly disappointed with the food since they serve not only vegetarian dishes, but 85% of the food served is raw. If you give it a chance, it is surprisingly tasty and good! Some may find it disgusting, but take it as a part of the health pampering thing. Soak it in as part of the experience.

http://www.thefarm.com.ph/daytour.htm

On both occassions we drove (leisurely) to Batangas, but noticed that there were marked vans which I learned were shuttling from Manila. I don't know how much the charge was, but might be worth checking out if you really want to relax and do not want to drive. Before the pick up point was conveniently from the Mandarin where their Manila booking office was located before (at the hotel's mezzanine). I guess that's all been changed now since they've moved their office to the Peninsula.

The Farm @ San Benito (Manila Office)

(632) 751 3498

(632) 8890138 and

(632) 8449530

(632) 812-3456 local 2711

Paranaque...
Level Contributor
763 posts
55 reviews
5. Re: Best Spa in the Metro?

Suriya is quite good -- they have basic massages as well as packaged treatments. I've tried the regular massage and gifted my mom with a couple of packages which she was happy with. Their branch in Glorietta 4 is convenient to get to, but still quite private.

Also worth cheking out:

The Spa in Greenbelt (www.thespa.com.ph), which has moved from its old location to a newer, larger facility on the side facing Paseo de Roxas.

Neo Spa at the Fort (www.neo.ph)-- same as the Neo Spa in Boracay.

Makati, Philippines
Level Contributor
533 posts
58 reviews
6. Re: Best Spa in the Metro?

Hi there...

As previously mentioned, MO's Spa is quite top notch with Suriya The Spa and Neo as notables.

But best for me doesnt need to part with more than USD25.00 for a treatment or a making my wallet cry. I usually have a healing stone treatment once/twice a month, at my gym in RCBC Plaza (Fitness First Plus). Another quiet place is Blue Mountain in Tordesillas, Salcedo Village. Ive gone for a sports massage at the Discovery Suites, Ortigas and it was pretty memorable and heard that Gateway (not sure of the spelling) in Quezon City is another worth checking out.

Obviously, Im a hot stone junkie (though Boracay's Mandala, Lipa's The Farm and Mactan's Chi Spa are way ahead of the metro pack) Just waiting for Chi, Shangrila Edsa to open so I dont need to go to Cebu or drive to Lipa.

Hm, compared to Mandala.. you might be better off with The MO Spa.

Enjoy.

Enjoy.

manila
Level Contributor
479 posts
1 review
7. Re: Best Spa in the Metro?

Thanks guys!!!

Treated her here at our own home ;) my friend owns one of those dial a massage thing so we arranged one of our rooms to aromantic setting and there....SHE LOVED IT!!!

Anyway i remember that sport massage at the discovery...might get one myself nalang hehehe

8. Re: Best Spa in the Metro?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, August 29, 2009