We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coco, Felicité & Curieuse or Cousin, Curieuse, St.Pierre?

United States
Level Contributor
99 posts
80 reviews
Coco, Felicité & Curieuse or Cousin, Curieuse, St.Pierre?

Hi all! My wife and I really want to see the giant tortoises on Curieuse and both of these day tours by Masons Travel day tours include it. After that we want to do some snorkeling. Which islands out of the above would be best for that? Thank you!

Side note: I think Creole Travel Services offers the same or similar day tour but is ranked 1 spot lower on TA.

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,521 posts
418 reviews
1. Re: Coco, Felicité & Curieuse or Cousin, Curieuse, St.Pierre?

Hi dou2ble,

If you are interested more in snorkeling than in birdlife the trip to Coco, Felicite and Curieuse is the best choice for you. At Coco island you will probably snorkel with turtles while at St. Pierre chances to spot turtles are lower.

It's better to arrange the trip with Masons rather than CTS, Masons are more reliable and cancel less trips than CTS.

There are also other companies located at Cote d'Or which can offer you the same trips probably at a lower price than Masons.

Miki

United States
Level Contributor
99 posts
80 reviews
2. Re: Coco, Felicité & Curieuse or Cousin, Curieuse, St.Pierre?

Thank you Mikiduta! Are the sea turtles in Seychelles the same size as the ones in Bali, Great Barrier Reef and Hawaii? Only reason I ask is that we've seen them in these places but maybe Seychelle birds are unique to the island so maybe we should take this opportunity.

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,521 posts
418 reviews
3. Re: Coco, Felicité & Curieuse or Cousin, Curieuse, St.Pierre?

Yes they are the same size as in Bali, Maldives or Great Barrier Reef. Sometimes they are coming close to the shore of Curieuse island so you might be lucky to see them at Baie Laraie if you don't see them at St. Pierre.

There are lots of birds at Cousin like Seychelles Magpie Robin, White tailed tropicbird, White fairy terns so for sure you will have a great time there.

Miki

4. Re: Coco, Felicité & Curieuse or Cousin, Curieuse, St.Pierre?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 am, October 25, 2018