We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day cruise stopover

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
One day cruise stopover

My wife and I will be spending one day on a cruise stopover in November. I have hired a car that I will pick up at 8:30 am and drop off at 4:30 pm. We would like to have some beach time as well as see some of the natural habitat and culture.

Can anyone please advise a suitable itinerary for this day. We are fairly fit and would like to experience as much as we can of your beautiful island.

Thank you.

Terry Paine

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,343 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day cruise stopover

Hi Terry,

You can start your day at Victoria Market, then continue with Clock Tower and finish your Victoria morning visit with The Botanical Garden.

Then you can head to the south-western part of Mahe and you can visit Anse Intendance, Anse Takamaka and finish your tour at Petite Anse inside Four Seasons Resort. Petite Anse is the best beach you will find on Mahe: white sand like flour, azure waters and great natural scenrey with villas built on the rocks surrounding the beach.

Miki

Mentioned in this post
Victoria Market
Victoria Market
1,381 Reviews
Mahe Island, Seychelles
Clock Tower
Clock Tower
1,022 Reviews
Mahe Island, Seychelles
Victoria
Victoria
Mahe Island, Seychelles
Mahe Island
Mahe Island
Seychelles
Anse Intendance
Anse Intendance
725 Reviews
Mahe Island, Seychelles
Petite Anse
Petite Anse
339 Reviews
Mahe Island, Seychelles
Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: One day cruise stopover

Dear Mik,

Thank you for your reply. I have scheduled to try and visit the beaches you mentioned as well as the attractions in Victoria.

I was considering changing the visit to the botanical gardens with going up either Morne Blanc or the Copolia Trail.In your view which is the most interesting and can still be fitted into the schedule.

Any information will be appreciated.

Terry Paine

Edited: 1:14 am, October 20, 2015
Mentioned in this post
Victoria
Victoria
Mahe Island, Seychelles
Morne Blanc
Morne Blanc
316 Reviews
Mahe Island, Seychelles
Copolia Trail
Copolia Trail
150 Reviews
Mahe Island, Seychelles
Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,343 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One day cruise stopover

Hi Terry,

Hiking either on Copolia or Morne Blanc is a great idea. Copolia is my favourite because it has more spectacular views (you can see Victoria, the islands from St Anne Marine Park, the airport, Eden Island, Khalifa's Palace). Allow 2 hrs for the hiking and don't forget to take with you water, insect repellent, a cap and good hiking shoes.

You can read my review and check my photos here:

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Miki

Mentioned in this post
Morne Blanc
Morne Blanc
316 Reviews
Mahe Island, Seychelles
Victoria
Victoria
Mahe Island, Seychelles
Mahe Island...
Level Contributor
845 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One day cruise stopover

Knowing the bad traffic coming into Victoria after 3 pm you may be better doing your hiking up Copolia first thing before it gets too hot. It's a beautiful walk and not too difficult . Then drive over to the west coast , head south talking in petite Anse, Intendance , then back up the east cast to Victoria . A quick visit round the botanical garden,then into Victoria at the end of the day. so no panic getting back to the boat when you are stuck in traffic!

An alternative would be to skip the botanical garden in Victoria and head for the Jardin du Roi in Anse Royale in the early afternoon, where you can see all you would see at the botanical garden, with more spices, and giant tortoise and also have lunch there. ....

Mentioned in this post
Victoria
Victoria
Mahe Island, Seychelles
5. Re: One day cruise stopover

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, December 10, 2016