We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in April

Which Male hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
94 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon in April

Hello everyone, i am planning on taking my soon to be wife to the Maldives for our honeymoon and need some advice.

We are getting married in Ko Samui, Thailand where we are staying for 2 weeks and plan on flying from Bangkok to the Maldives which I believe takes approx 4 hours.

3 Questions really..

1. I am after a luxury water bunglow resort, liked the look of Hilton Maldives Resort & Spa Rangali Island but can anyone suggest any others?

2. Is the weather OK end of april?

3. Does anyone have any experience of flying from Bangkok and can you advise on flight time and airlines that fly this route?

Thanks!

Ben

London
Level Contributor
94 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in April

did i post in the wrong forum!?!!

Stourbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,072 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in April

Hi Ben

Have a look at Sonevafushi, Kanuhuraa, Four seasons and Banyan Tree not sure if all of them have water villas but they are all top class resorts. As far as the weather goes no one can predict the weather, the end of April is into the rainy season so you could have some rain but just short bursts or it could rain solid having said that you could have glorious sun for the whole time just the luck of the draw whatever the weather the temp will still be hot. Cant help with the flights sorry

regards susie

Dos cerveza, por...
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in April

3. I've not done BKK - MLE. Is that with Silk Air? I've done Singapore - MLE which is around the same distance as the crow flies. Took just over 4 hours with no probs.............

UK,KENT
Level Contributor
67 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in April

Ben i spent my honeymoon in 98 on Paradise Island which was nice and i hink they have just re-built the water bungalows as they were damaged by the Tsunami 2 years ago.

For our Anniversary we went to Coco Palm which has a Spa and offers all-inclusive i believe this is one of the more away from it all islands with a bit more luxury.

I recommended it to a work colleague for their honeymoon and they loved it.

I have some pictures if you want to see any? Also we upgraded while out there to the Palace Suite water Villas which were truely amazing for our last two nights.

Sorry i forgot to mention that there is a sea plane journey of 45 mins to coco palm.

Jon

London
Level Contributor
94 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in April

Thanks for the info.

Rex-Diver: Will check on Silk Air for flights

Still not convinced on this as a destination, the weather sounds abit iffy in April! Damn!!!

australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon in April

Hi Ben, I am going on my honeymoon in May 07 to Taj Exotica Resort and Spa - have not booked it yet but quite sure this will be our choice. We were looking to get married in Koh Samui as well but it is very messy with translation of documents into Thai etc and beside we have been there every year for the past 4 years, so decided on a quick non formal wedding in Australia.

I do believe that Bangkok Air fly from Bangkok to Male, have a look at their website www.bangkokair.com

Good luck with everything, Koh Samui is beautiful.

Tiah

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
829 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon in April

The Bangkok Air flights were suspended for a while but will resume November 30. The prices look pretty reasonable too.

8. Re: Honeymoon in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, August 26, 2009