We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best rooms at the Full Moon?

Sydney
1 post
Save Topic
Best rooms at the Full Moon?

Hi everyone,

I'm planning on staying at the Full Moon Resort in December for my honeymoon, and I’m just wondering what everyone recommends as the best rooms in the resort might be? I'm looking to stay either in a Water Villa or in a Beachfront Cottage or both; so I’m just wondering which room numbers give the most privacy and the best location, but also contains well maintained interiors as well.

I understand that there are only 4 water villas present, but are they all well maintained? Which one is the most private and has the 'best' view of the ocean?

In regards to the Beachfront cottages, I read in this forum that the cottages at the start and end of the ‘semi-circles’ are the ones that are closest to the beach… is this correct and what are the room numbers for these end cottages? Are the ones on the end the most private?

Which room numbers do people recommend?

Any suggestions or comments are most appreciated.

Thanks.

Colchester, Essex
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best rooms at the Full Moon?

Hello Kavan,

I can't really comment too much on the Beach Cottages, as I stayed in a Water Bungalow.

There are about 50ish Water Bungalows, 4 Water Villa's which are slightly bigger and have an indoor lounge area, 1 Watersuite, which is the biggest and has an extra room. There are about 55 Beach Cottages.

We stayed in room 112, we were at the end of the row, next to the Water Villas, so we had more privacy than most. We were also nearer to the pool, restaurants etc.

All of the interiors in the bungalows are the same and we found them to be well maintained.

There are a lot more Water Bungalows towards the Spa end of the island, and we noticed that the sea was alot stronger that end. All bungalows have a great view, you can see other islands, and we had one opposite ours, but it didn't spoil our view at all.

All of the beach Cottages are in semi circles, with the first and last being directly on the beach, the rest go into the island a bit more. There are about 4 of these semi-circles if i remember correctly. I couldn't tell you the best rooms with the most privacy though.

I hope this helps.

Destined

Australia
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Best rooms at the Full Moon?

Hi Kavan,

I am also planning to go over to the maldives later this year!!

Regarding which rooms are the most recomended, I think the water villa next to the suite would offer the best unobstructed view of the ocean.

I do recomend that you book as soon as possible though as the december period is a busy maldivian season and as there are only 4 water villas to choose from. So the sooner the better.

:)

Hope this helps,

Sweitu

3. Re: Best rooms at the Full Moon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, August 16, 2009