We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fasting in Male

Helsinki, Finland
11 posts
Save Topic
Fasting in Male

does anyone know what islands in the Maldives is the best place to fast? something other than the main island of Male?

at the same time I would like to live in the water villa.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fasting in Male

why?

Helsinki, Finland
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fasting in Male

because I've always wanted to stay in water villa and this is my wedding gift (mehr)

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fasting in Male

sorry i meant fasting..... but surely any island is OK if u want to fast, just dont eat? Not sure any island is better than the other for no food

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
802 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Fasting in Male

Surely any island is the best place to fast...if you choose to not eat. Failing that, Prison island might be suitable, except for the WV bit.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
802 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Fasting in Male

Snap, Paul. lol.

Helsinki, Finland
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Fasting in Male

guys I am a Muslim, therefore, I am also fasting in the time of the month. I meant that the question of where the other islands have a grocery stores that are open at night?

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fasting in Male

u might get a souveneir shop selling crisps and chocolates but no grocery stores!!!

Helsinki, Finland
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Fasting in Male

Thank you for helping me

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,391 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fasting in Male

Aallion

Just to explain. Most of the holiday islands that tourists visit are on one island and are seperate from the local people and any shops apart from a gift shop. These are the islands that ou will find the water villas on.

There is one resort island I can think of that is attached to other local islands (Equator Village) but this is a very basic resort with no water villas.

There are also Guest houses on local islands, but these as far as I know do not have water villas.

If you stayed on a resort island you could fast, but others would be eating and drinking around you, however you could stay on your watervilla deck. Obviously the restaurant would be open at sundown. The hotel my be able to organise breakfast for you before sunris,e as many do this before early departures. I hope this helps.Also many resort islands have a mosque in the staff area.

Edited: 9:10 am, May 22, 2013
Bedford
Destination Expert
for Samana Province
Level Contributor
4,488 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fasting in Male

Hello Aaltion,

Olwase forgive me if I have got this wrong, but I thought fasting ended at sunset or soon afrer. If so, you would be OK anywhere as the sun sets at around 6.30pm - 7pm throuughout the year, very different from Helsinki! Therefore all the restaurants would be avaialble for you. Don't forget also that the vast majority of resort staff are also Muslim and they clearly manage ffine.