We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea plane transfer

Which Male hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Essex
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Sea plane transfer

Hi all, my new wife and I will be frequenting the island of Chaaya Reef at the end of June. I have chosen the sea plane transfer, does anybody know rough times of departures from Male and how long it takes to reach Chaaya Reef? Ta much

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,852 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea plane transfer

Hi

There are no departure times loads to various islands are made as and when from arrivals.They don't fly after dusk so around 5pm local time are the last deparrtures. It's about 40 minutes flying time

Regards

Doug

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea plane transfer

Seaplane schedules are drawn up the night before. They are based on international arrivals and what guests are arriving when, you won't know till you get to the sea plane terminal.

You might have a plane waiting for you, and other guests have been waiting for you to arrive, or you may have a short wait, as you wait for other guests to land. It's not big deal, it's nice, have a soft drink overlooking the water and chill.

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,852 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea plane transfer

Hi

Sorry flying time 25 minutes not 40

Regards

Doug

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,039 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sea plane transfer

there are no scheduled times of deprture . the schedule is made up each evening based on next days requirements and is flexible and fluid throughout the day to accomodate weather and delayed arrivals, etc .

flight time is about 30 mins but you will likely stop at other islands to make some drop offs

oops ... edited to say "thats what i get for starting to write a reply and then get sidetracked for a while ... so.. what everyone else said !"

Edited: 11:30 am, May 02, 2013
London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sea plane transfer

Lol, yes, I do that.

Ps they fly until about 6pm normally..

Essex
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sea plane transfer

Fanx everyone for the info..

7. Re: Sea plane transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 04, 2014