We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best possible use of 5 days in Maldives

Which Male hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bhilai
6 posts
Save Topic
Best possible use of 5 days in Maldives

Hi everyone ,

I have 5 clear days to spend in Maldives from 22-26 this month, apart from landing and leaving days. I am a lady on my own. I am interested in Scuba diving but I will be doing it the first time. Would love to live in a beautiful place near sea . No luxuries needed. Moderate budget. Could someone guide / advice please ? Also, is the place safe and secure ? Has the unrest settled down ?

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,898 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best possible use of 5 days in Maldives

Hi madhury welcome to the Maldives forum :-)

I would say the Maldives resorts are a safe place for you to visit :-) The political unrest never affected the resort islands so nothing to worry about there either :-)

If i had 5 days to spend in paradise i would focus on getting a island with a good reef and snorkel it from dusk til dawn :-)

Anyway hope you have a great holiday !!

PS To help the regulars give you the best response please post your budget and time you wish to travel

good luck

Darryl

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
13,924 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best possible use of 5 days in Maldives

please put a numerical value (in USD per night) to the term "moderate budget" as that phrase tells us exactly nothing and we can only help with a targeted suggestion if we know what you expect to spend.

for scuba diving .. 5 days are really short to complete the course and get any meaningful dives in. i suggest that you at least start the class at home and do it on referral basis - meaning to do the theory and studying at home and finish up with just the dives on location.

Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best possible use of 5 days in Maldives

I just spent 5 days in Maldives. I went to Maafushi (a local island) and stayed at Dhonveli View. It was all inclusive for $55/night the food and service was excellent. They can take you diving and provide equipment or you can go to nearby islands and join their dive excursions. It was a really lovely stay for a fdmale traveling by herself also. I recommend it highly. Tell them Shannon sent you :)

Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best possible use of 5 days in Maldives

I just spent 5 days in Maldives. I went to Maafushi (a local island) and stayed at Dhonveli View. It was all inclusive for $55/night the food and service was excellent. They can take you diving and provide equipment or you can go to nearby islands and join their dive excursions. It was a really lovely stay for a fdmale traveling by herself also. I recommend it highly. Tell them Shannon sent you :)

5. Re: Best possible use of 5 days in Maldives

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, December 15, 2013