We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon , August ,Close to South India

Seattle...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon , August ,Close to South India

What are some good Honeymoon locations close to Bangalore (not more than 6 hours by flight or a night by train) , in late August ?

I am looking for a calm place. Is MakeMyTrip's package any good ? Are we better off planning it by ourselves?

Is Maldives a bad option because of rainy season in August ?

Bedford
Destination Expert
for Samana Province
Level Contributor
4,622 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon , August ,Close to South India

I think it's fair to say you can rule out getting to the Maldives by train.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,445 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon , August ,Close to South India

seems very fair to me ...

Seattle...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon , August ,Close to South India

Sorry ,what I meant was that any location is reachable by flight or train overnight from Bangalore will do. For Maldives , ofcourse that is not an option.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon , August ,Close to South India

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Never heard of Makemytrip so you will need to explain what that is all about. Can't imagine that Maldives is more than 6 hours flying from Bangalore, but don't know for certain. Geography never wa my strong point! Yes, August is in the rainy season but that doesn't mean it will rain all day every day. It might, but you'd be very unlucky. Can't imagine anywhere more peaceful or relaxing than the Maldives for a homeymoon, but if you want detailed advice, you'll need to give us more info eg:

Budget

How many days

Particular intersts

to name just a few.

SL

Seattle...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon , August ,Close to South India

Thanks for the quick reply.

MakemyTrip is a travel agency , following is a sample honeymoon package they provide makemytrip.com/holidays-international/…

I understand August is rainy season , like you said it may not be that bad I believe. More details about the trip

Number of Days : 4 . We don't have lot of time for this trip actually.

Budget : We would expect stay in a 3+ star resort . I honestly don't have much idea about rates in Maldives. Would 1000$ x 2 be good enough?

Interests : Beautiful beaches and calm , peaceful places , some local culture specific things - preferrably not over commercialized ones , light water adventures if time permits - not high on agenda

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon , August ,Close to South India

Hi

Most posters on here, myself included, would say that 4 days in the Maldives isn't enough. Just wondering whether you have considered Sri Lanka?

OD

staffordshire UK
Level Contributor
456 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon , August ,Close to South India

I agree 4 days in the Maldive is not enough and any one who goes on an Indian train has my respect for its an experience never forgotten....

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,445 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon , August ,Close to South India

"light water adventures" - but those are not high on your agenda ... the maldives is really all about waterbased activities. visiting cultural sights is pretty much a no-go, aside from maybe a trip to the capital. the mosque and presidential palace is about it.

4 days is not long enough and you could get completely rained out - even though chances are that you'll have a mix of showers , clouds and some sun.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon , August ,Close to South India

Trips to Male might not be running if there is still some civil unrest.

Sri Lanka is much, much better if you're after heritage sites. It has great beaches too, but the sea is almost always a bit rough-very rough and far from ideal for swimming and snorkelling, although as this isn't your priority you should be fine. It's also much cheaper than the Maldives - your budget would get you a 5* hotel there.

Edited: 6:06 pm, May 21, 2012
10. Re: Honeymoon , August ,Close to South India

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, June 21, 2013