We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trouble in male

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
trouble in male

does anyone have any news on the trouble in male?has it affected anyone who has been to maldives?we are going in may!

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,586 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trouble in male

please refer to this thread tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293953-i7445-k513…

wigan uk
Level Contributor
718 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trouble in male

having just returned - the trouble did not have any effect (except asking us not to visit Male) - the airport is a seperate island and you are transported directly to your hotel from there - speed boat or plane - so you shouldn't come into contact with Male

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trouble in male

Thanks for that! i keep having calls from friends asking if it was safe to go to maldives i thought it probally was.They are just prob jealous of us going ha ha!

essex
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trouble in male

hi alison

having read your off in may so are we ,where are you staying ,and what date do you go.

no more has been said about problems so dont think there is too much to worry about .

maggi

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trouble in male

Hi Maggi off to Filitheyo on may 2nd for 11 days what about you?

lancs
Level Contributor
2,382 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: trouble in male

Hi Alison and Maggi. If I were you two i would just be looking forward to your holiday. We visited the Maldives for the first time last year and although we thought we were fairly well travelled we were just blown away by the Maldives. We just cannot wait to go back-they are truly beautiful and unforgettable.

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: trouble in male

Not going to worry about it and as we have been before i know we are nowhere near Male mainland.Just looking forward to seeing and experiencing a new island.Can't wait!!!

essex
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: trouble in male

hi alison

off to huduranfushi on may 27th 11days thank goodness most of the reports are good ones ,never having been before,it makes you worry a little.

enjoy yr hols

maggi

9. Re: trouble in male

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:41 pm, June 17, 2013