We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

30th Birthday treat and very confused???

Wiltshire
2 posts
Save Topic
30th Birthday treat and very confused???

I am looking to book a water bungalow in either White Sands, Kuredu or Meeru for New Year 2007 which includes a 30th birthday.

I seem to be going round in circles as to which one would present the best 10-11 nights stop for a New Year, 30th and romantic holiday thrown into one.

Budget isn't an issue (well I don't have 10k for the Hilton!!) but ideally need to have a couple of restaurants, a good dive school and if possible an over water spa (that part is for me, but recently converted him too!!)

Any help would be appreciated or any suggestions on another island that would tick the boxes.

Plan is to do a stop over via Dubai on the way back so will be flying scheduled.

Many Thanks.

Maldives
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 30th Birthday treat and very confused???

Hi, overwater spa is quite difficult, coz if there is an overwater spa island must be small and choice of restaurants will be limited. With choice of restaturants I can advise to book Kuredu as if you book Full Board or All Inclusive (water villa) you get the choice of 3 buffet restaurants and 3 Ala carte restaturants(Extra). Meeru water bungalows are the best out of three resorts and for diving white sands can be great, Kuredu is also very good for diving.

England
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 30th Birthday treat and very confused???

Hi - we just booked to go to Kuredu Island in October via Dubai with Emirates.

The island has loads of bars and restaurants and even a 6 hole golf course!! Theres a PADI dive school, and a water bungalow suite that has a spa over the water.

We booked with Hayes and Jarvis, but Kuoni did the same holiday only more expensive!! It cost us about £1800 each all inclusive - so not as bad as the Hilton!!

Wiltshire
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 30th Birthday treat and very confused???

Thanks very much for your help - after yet another weekend deliberating we have decided on Meeru Village with a jacuzzi water villa, now I have just got to get on save. Hope you all have a great time on your visits

Czech Republic...
Level Contributor
458 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 30th Birthday treat and very confused???

Hi Babycake,

My husband and I have just got back from a wonderful week on Meeru Island. We also had the jacuzzi water villa and rest assured it is amazing!!!

There is the over water spa as well - try out the Him & Her massage with a bottle of champagne at the end of the massage. We absolutely loved Meeru Village, the restaurants are great, well designed, great quality food.

Check out a great website www.meeru.co.uk for further info!

Have a fantastic time!!

Katerina