We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Angsana January 2006

Guildford
1 post
Save Topic
Angsana January 2006

We have just arranged a trip to Angsana in January and would appreciate some advice from some of you knowledgable people!

We have booked jacuzzi rooms - any opinions about which numbers we should request would be appreciated.

Have heard rumours that drinks are expensive on the islands - some idea of beer and wine and gin costs would be useful!

Do we need to book spa or dives in advance or is it easy when we get there.

And finally, what is the weather likely to be.

Be good to hear from you - and I'm sure the opinions will be interesting if diverse going by what I have trawled through so far!

Manda

Dublin
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Angsana January 2006

Manda

Aboput to book a Jacuzzi room in the Angsana for my honneymoon in August - what did you think? Any tips?

herts-uk
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Angsana January 2006

Hi Manda,

We stayed at the Angsana all over Christmas and New Year and had an amazing time.

We also booked the jacuzzi villa but have to admit to changing the villa on the first day.

It wasnt a major problem, just that the first one didnt have enough beach in front of it.Though to be quite honest after the first week the wind changed and brought all the sand round that side again, so it would have been alright anyway.

We were in villa 40 (after the move) and it was such a perfect position. We had enough beach and the sunbathing area and garden were nice and private.

The drinks are not to bad,a cocktail was about $10, although we are not big drinkers at all.You pay quite a bit for wine and champagne but its nice to have.

We booked our spa treatments in advance but added a few more once we arrived. It tends to be busy after breakfast and early evening.

We went on a couple of dives which we just did on the spur of the moment.Snorkelling is also brilliant, the reef is so close that we used to go out at dawn and see so much more.

Hope this helps, if you need anything else, just ask.