We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Male Short Stay Hotel.

EDINBURGH
Level Contributor
67 posts
34 reviews
21 helpful votes
Male Short Stay Hotel.

Hi,

We will be leaving Male on a Emirates flight at 02.30am on the 4th June and would be checking out of Meeru sometime on the morning of the 3rd June.

Would I need to try and book a hotel now for say 12 hours to arrive at the airport a couple of hours before the flight or should we wait till we check out on the 3rd June and get reception to try and book something for us as we don't want a 50 min speedboat late at night from Meeru to the airport.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,305 posts
7 reviews
27 helpful votes
1. Re: Male Short Stay Hotel.

Whenever we've been on the 02:30 Emirates flight we've booked a day room at the Hulhule Hotel. There is a pool, couple of bars/restaurants where you can have something to eat and it's nice to have the room to chill out and freshen up before your flight. It is probably the most convenient as it is on the airport island, but there is also the new Holiday Inn in Male, which I understand has a transfer service to and from the airport.

Regards

Ian

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,305 posts
7 reviews
27 helpful votes
2. Re: Male Short Stay Hotel.

Just to add - don't know about Meeru, but on the resorts we've stayed at you don't leave the island until after lunch - and then you check in late afternoon for the day room, leaving for the airport at about 22:30-ish. The Hulhule hotel has shuttle buses to get you to and from the airport.

Ian

EDINBURGH
Level Contributor
67 posts
34 reviews
21 helpful votes
3. Re: Male Short Stay Hotel.

Thanks for the info Ian.Sounds as if we should got ahead and book a day room at the airport hotel now,

Regards

Den.

uk
Level Contributor
857 posts
17 reviews
36 helpful votes
4. Re: Male Short Stay Hotel.

Hi, l would agree with the others and book Hulhule hotel day use room.

The last day time transfer from Meeru is around 14.30 hrs. Any transfer after this is classed as a night time transfer so you have to pay a supplement.

You can check out of your room at midday and stay on the island until late night (if you pay night time transfer fee) and use the facilities of the resort but you wouldn't have a room.

It's much more comfortable to leave at 14.30 hrs and check in to Hulhule hotel. You can keep the room until 22.30hrs. The Captains Bar is good to get a snack and drinks and you have the pool and the spa if you like to use it.

www.hih.com.mv

EDINBURGH
Level Contributor
67 posts
34 reviews
21 helpful votes
5. Re: Male Short Stay Hotel.

Hi nefertari2uk,

Thanks for the info.Does sound better booking the airport hotel than not having a room at the Meeru then a night time transfer.

SYD-LON-MUC
Level Contributor
4,169 posts
176 reviews
209 helpful votes
6. Re: Male Short Stay Hotel.

if you do book in Hulhule here is a brief snapshot of our stay there...

flickr.com/photos/…

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
14 reviews
78 helpful votes
7. Re: Male Short Stay Hotel.

I've done this a couple of times as well .. It's fine for what you need

Simon

EDINBURGH
Level Contributor
67 posts
34 reviews
21 helpful votes
8. Re: Male Short Stay Hotel.

Thanks for the info and liked the photos.Will book the Hulhule !!!!!

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
9. Re: Male Short Stay Hotel.

check out

houseclover in male i rented once for day use with a similar connection its nice to relax before the flight.

1 post
10. Re: Male Short Stay Hotel.

If you are in Maldives, it might be worth stopping for a night at the Capital city. It is my personal that I make it a point to feel the local way of life, culture etc. It would be a shame to go to a country and not be able to see its local currency.

There are few hotels, I would recommend Marble Hotel, www.marble.mv - the price is affordable and staff are quite helpful and they provide free taxi.

Get answers to your questions about Male