We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with travel to the maldives.

Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Help with travel to the maldives.

Im thinking of spending 7 nights in the Maldives , combining this trip with Dubai or Doha, having exhausted lots of travel brochures, could some of you experts give me some advice.

as I have got so confused, we will be doing this trip as independant travellers and booking flights and hotels seperately.

What hotels would be suitable as a first trip i think we would be better suited with a short seaplane hop ( no longer than 30 minutes) from the int airport, with full board, hopefully a villa in the sea, with steps down to swim . Between 200 -300 uk pounds per night. Lower if possible.

Aam i asking the impossible.

Whilst that may seem low, some of the hotels seem unbeliverably expensive, and compared to other resorts in the world, way to high in my opinion.

Is there anywhere in the maldives that has bars /resturants/shops around resorts and therefore does not make the resort s isolated.

What is an average price at the Banyan Tree, im having difficulty with there web site.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Help with travel to the maldives.

Mr Watkins, have you looked at the Hilton Resort and Spa, this for 7 nights is pure Luxury. For best rates, ring the island direct ( do not go via Hilton website or resort website) you can save yourself at least 30% on ANY package deal and if you become a regular customer the offers are even better.

As for emirates, are you a airmiles member. If you use them regular, you can save on business fares. We are using them again next Feb to the maldives and we had business class for £300 on top of economy because we are regular fliers and the airmiles build up, and then of course you get upgrades, we had, like you a upgrade to first on the new boeing 777..what a way to travel, and we even got the airmiles for it!

Go and have a look at the Hilton.

Mark.