We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gap Store in Kuala Lumpur

Balmain, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Gap Store in Kuala Lumpur

Is there a Gap Store in the Uk have read that is was to open sometime last quater this year. Can anybody confirm that it has ?

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
437 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gap Store in Kuala Lumpur

I'm a bit confused with your posting but if you meant in KL, yes, the first Gap store is in 1 Utama. Unfortunately the mall is situated in the suburbs about 30 minutes depending on the traffic, from the city center. It is a huge mall with a lot of well known brands and is popular with the locals but you hardly see any tourists here as it is a bit out of the way. Heard somewhere that there will be another Gap store in Pavillion when it opens next year.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,879 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gap Store in Kuala Lumpur

hiya thats what i was thinking as we have loads of gap stores in the uk i myself have some of there hoodies and t,shirts thanks maggieomx

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gap Store in Kuala Lumpur

I don’t know if this nugget of useless information will be of use to any Gap fans (or bargain hunters)…

I’ve had some real good luck buying Gap stuff in the F.O.S (Factory Outlet Store) at real knock down prices. A linen skirt rm25, linen trousers20, t-shirts 2 for rm19, blouses for under rm25. FOS doesn’t always have Gap stuff, but quite often they do, and when they do have it, the prices are silly.

FOS have branches in… Sungei Wang, Berjaya Times Square, KL Plaza, Menara The Weld – all of these are in the city, and Midvalley MM, Alamanda Putrajaya &1 Utama in the suburbs.

And if you can’t be bothered searching for GAP stuff among all the many labels… ask the sales assistants nicely where the Gap stuff is and they’ll do all the footwork for you.

Mentioned in this post
Sungei Wang Hotel
Sungei Wang Hotel
82 Reviews
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Berjaya Times Square Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
Berjaya Times Square...
2,624 Reviews
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
KL Plaza Suites Kuala Lumpur
KL Plaza Suites Kuala...
77 Reviews
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Menara Kuala Lumpur
Menara Kuala Lumpur
7,365 Reviews
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Alamanda Putrajaya
Alamanda Putrajaya
121 Reviews
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Amsterdam
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gap Store in Kuala Lumpur

actually... disregard that bit about a FOS store in Menara The Weld shopping mall.... 'cause I am half sure that branch has been closed for more than a year. Besides, this mall isn't really in the heart of the shopping belt, like the other branches are.

Mentioned in this post
Menara Kuala Lumpur
Menara Kuala Lumpur
7,365 Reviews
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Gap Store in Kuala Lumpur

Hi Bubba, probably a typo error, when posting your thread, as your topic heading seeks advice on GAP store in KL.

GAP San Francisco together with a local franchisor-FJ Benjamin have proposed four(4) franchise stores in KL.

Recently the first opening in Mid Valley MegaMall was mentioned in our local press.

The one in MIdValley is their GAP Kids/Baby GAp, whereas, they have two stores in 1UTama shopping centre--one for GAP adult and another for GAPkids/BabyGAp, whereas another outlet in BUkit BIntang-LOt 10 will features GAP attire and accessories for women.

Mentioned in this post
Mid Valley Megamall
Mid Valley Megamall
805 Reviews
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Bukit Bintang
Bukit Bintang
1,260 Reviews
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Balmain, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Gap Store in Kuala Lumpur

Thanks for the reply any indication of when they Lot 10 shop will be open ?

7. Re: Gap Store in Kuala Lumpur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, August 20, 2009