We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday in Kuala Lumpur - Need Advise

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday in Kuala Lumpur - Need Advise

Hello and good day to you,

I will be in Kuala Lumpur My wife and my two young daughters aged 6 and 11 starting next Friday. We will be there for 3 days.

We will be staying at a hotel near the Bukit Bintang area.

I appreciate any advise or suggestions I can get on this forum about the places we can visit that not only gives us a flavor of KL city but also keeps my children occupied.

Thank you

sunil

Pasig, Philippines
Level Contributor
338 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday in Kuala Lumpur - Need Advise

If you have young children with you, I suggest a one day trip to Genting Highlands. There is a theme park there where your young kids will surely enjoy. Check out below link:

www.gentinghighlands.info/theme-park.htm

You may also visit Petronas Towers and have your family picture taken in this iconic landmark. There is also a mall at the base of the towers (KLCC Mall) where you can dine :)

Also, since you're in Bukit Bintang, there's a nearby mall (Berjaya Times Square) where you and your kids can stroll around.

Edited: 6:27 am, August 11, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
6,116 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday in Kuala Lumpur - Need Advise

Hi Sunil,

Your children may enjoy Kidzania and also Petrosains. Also have a look at the FAQs on the right hand side of the screen , including FAQ Family Entertainment.

Have a great trip.

Sean

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday in Kuala Lumpur - Need Advise

Hello and thank you for your suggestions! I will definitely check out the Genting Highlands link and pencil in Petronas Towers and the mall.

-sunil

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday in Kuala Lumpur - Need Advise

Hello and thank you! Will definitely look up Kidzania, Petrosains and the FAQs alongside.

cheers

sunil

Toowoomba...
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday in Kuala Lumpur - Need Advise

Hi

I would also recommend the water park near KL Cinvention a Centre/Patronas Towers..great for the kids.

I would also recommend a tour out to the fire flies. It is beautiful, although takes place at night and a little bit of a drive.

Good luck and safe travels.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5,640 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday in Kuala Lumpur - Need Advise

The outdoor theme park at Genting is closed for a complete rebuild and will reopen some time in 2016. Now there's only the indoor theme park.

Edited: 10:54 am, August 11, 2015
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,931 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday in Kuala Lumpur - Need Advise

I took my boys there a couple of years ago and have posted my jbr. I would recommend Petrosains, KLCC water park for a cool down, the aquarium, possibly the bird /butterfly/deer parks, KL Menara and possibly the rides at Berjaya Times Square. my boys also enjoyed the atmosphere at Jalan Alor and any food from Lot 10.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,748 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday in Kuala Lumpur - Need Advise

Hi

I would not look at going to Genting Highlands as the theme park is currently closed, so really not worth the journey.

As you are only there for 3 days, I totally agree that KLCC / Petronas Towers area has so much - KLCC also has the aquarium and the Petrosains a fun Science Discovery Centre. the fountains outside the towers and also the water pool for children.

A trip the elephant sanctuary and the fireflies are also popular with families.

Then a day around the malls at Bukit BIntang [which is also where Jalan Alor is] or a trip up the KL Menara [single telecoms tower] which has many interactive things at the base of the tower.

Then there is Chinatown and the Petaling Street Market.

3 days will go very, very quickly!

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday in Kuala Lumpur - Need Advise

Thank you, appreciate you sharing this information.

-sunil

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday in Kuala Lumpur - Need Advise

Thank you! Yes, it does seem like there is so much to see and do and 3 days is not enough. But I have got great tips here and I am sure we will have a great time.

Thanks