We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Hotel ?

Cairo
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Good Hotel ?

Hi, we are honeymooners and targeting 1st week of january to enjoy our time. we were told two days at a city and around 10 days at islands are perfect.

For the two days at the city we decided to check Kuala Lumpur option. any recommendations for a good hotel? or even the area we can search at ? Thanks to support.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
188 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Hotel ?

Hi , what's your budget ? Usually Bukit bintang is a very good area to stay in , you have all the shops and restaurants in that area .

I would do 3 days in KL though but that's my opinion , happy planning and congratulations .

Cairo
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Hotel ?

Hi, thanks. Yes picket and kula are what we are looking for. Our budget is more or less around 2K USD.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,759 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Hotel ?

I think the question is what is your budget for a room per night....usd 2k is for hotel? Or your entire trip?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,455 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Hotel ?

Agree Bukit Bintang is the area to be. As maic says your per night budget will allow us to offer suggestions.

Sean

Cairo
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Hotel ?

Yes, the 20K is for the entire trip excluding airline tickets. what i am looking for is more or less around USD 150 per day....

Sydney
Level Contributor
143 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Hotel ?

Bukit Bintang is probably the best option or shopping and entertainment. There are a few hotels to choose from there?

Parkroyal and Grand Millenium should be ok.

Edited: 3:42 am, October 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,759 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Hotel ?

USD 150 a day comes up to RM450 a day. Quite decent.

If your budget can be slightly higher, up to USD 200 a day, then you can get very nice rooms at the best hotels in Bukit Bintang (it is afterall your honeymoon).

For example the Westin on Bukit Bintang Jan 1 & 2 is currently going for RM528 a night for their premiuer room,

Cairo
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good Hotel ?

I just checked the hotel availability on booking.com but unfortunately it is fully booked for my targeted period, could you recommend any other hotels with the same rankings and same budget ?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,020 posts
1,836 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good Hotel ?

Try other booking sites(Combined Hotels) or the hotels website as booking.com may have sold their allotted rooms. Rooms may still be available with other providers.

Tommo

10. Re: Good Hotel ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 21, 2014