We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dumb questions relating to airasia ;)

Australia
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Dumb questions relating to airasia ;)

So now that we are lucky enough to have airasia in Adelaide - I have a booking for June

Can I ask though as normally I am on MAS amd don't pay for these things - if I purchased a comfort kit - do I keep this or do you hand it back at the end of the flight? It's ok either way as its only $10 but they also have a duvet that you can purchase for $21 and to me this is a little expensive if you don't keep it.

And I have booked a meal on my way there which is during the day so a curry and on the way back the all-day breakfast pancakes on the night flight. How does this work I assume I can't eat pancakes for 7hrs and is it just an all-day cause you can decide when you want it? And do most people only order one meal or do you go for 2 (7hr flight)

And do you purchase water etc on the plane as you go? Anyone remember what sort of prices

Cheers and sorry for the dumb questions as I am a novice on airasia :p have flown internally but the flight was 1/2hr. Hoping it is good as the prices will allow quiet a few trips each year lol

Maleny, Australia
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dumb questions relating to airasia ;)

For the water, I buy a largish bottle in the departure lounge, and that lasts the trip. On the night flight from Gold Coast we had dinner before checking in, then just took a few muslie bars for if we were munched. On the day flight I once had a curry of some sort, it was ok, but not what you will get in KL. I don't know about the comfort pack, never bought one, and as for the duvet, well make sure you have a light jumper to slip on if it is cool, we never found that we needed to, it was not that cold. The all-day breakfast pancakes would be just a package of a few smallish picklets, and no it is one serving, not all day.

I may be wrong, someone may come and tell a different story, just my experience and thoughts with AirAsia.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,702 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dumb questions relating to airasia ;)

I can confirm the comfort pack is yours to keep. Kevin would be right in regard to the pancakes and I agree just purchase your water in the departure lounge. Air Asia is a budget airline so you will find it different to MAS but it does give another option to get to KL. Have fun.

Sean

Australia
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dumb questions relating to airasia ;)

Thankyou Kevin and Sean for your responses. Will buy the large bottle water before in the depature lounge.

Dumb me did a comfort kit both ways lol but it's not all bad as our daughter is joining us and I hadn't purchased for her yet (which was last minute as she is coming home from England) and I suppose we can always use one on our next flight.

Sean I am just hoping the aircraft is good to fly - did book legroom seats so hope it's as comfortable as you can be on it. MAS is our preference but I couldn't go past that it cost us for 3 half the price!!! MAS though I have noticed they have started offering cheaper prices so it's good for competition :D

Airasia you could say is just allowing a couple of extra trips per year lol hubby did a 'oh no' when I told him they were coming here, but he likes KL just as much as me haha

Do they serve drinks though on board at all?? Ie coke for me alcohol for the other two

Edited: 2:00 am, October 13, 2013
Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
2,222 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dumb questions relating to airasia ;)

You keep the comfort kit and duvet if you purchased them.

You will need 2 meals for KL>Adelaide flight as arrival is 0945. If prebooked 2 meals, ask for the 2nd order to be kept aside until you are ready for it. Their pancakes is a small meal.

If you are willing to eat whatever is available on that flight, then you can purchase meals whenever you are hungry.

While waiting at the departure gate, we will get a bottle of water( RM2 for 500 ml) and extras on the flight ( RM4 ).

airasia.com/my/…d7-in-flight-menu.page

Edited: 2:15 am, October 13, 2013
Australia
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dumb questions relating to airasia ;)

Cheers Cassandara - appreciate the response :)

Edited: 2:32 am, October 13, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,702 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dumb questions relating to airasia ;)

Well done jacks. It is great that AA has come to Adelaide and we first used them when they were only flying from the Gold Coast and even allowing for Domestic flights to Qld the savings were still great. They offer great value and have a friendly lively staff that make them a good option to fly with. It will keep the price points on the Adelaide to KL route honest. Have a great trip.

Sean

Australia
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dumb questions relating to airasia ;)

Thanks Sean. I was just comparing our price online - for the same dates and tickets MAS wants $2600 more for the three of us!! So for a fraction of at cost allows us to go twice in the next 6mths - just came back from a big European trip so airasia allows for a trip during the year in 2014.

Sometimes I wish I didn't like travel so much lol

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dumb questions relating to airasia ;)

Hi Jacks,

I have flown AA a few times now... They are great haven't flown with any other cheap airline since..Love them, their staff are so friendly.

Had the Pancakes they are small, but good. Also had the chicken and rice dish and curry.. all were good, but not like KL ones :)

The duvet i bought and my daughter also, we love it, nice, soft and warm as i find planes cold, use at home on the lounge sometimes as well. So to me being a frequent flyer is money well spent

Hope you enjoy your flight with AA as much as a lot of us have :) enjoy

Australia
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dumb questions relating to airasia ;)

Thanks qt2boot - whenever Perth people talked about how cheap airasia was I felt a little jealous. We were very happy when they came here and offered similar prices.

You should of seen the flurry of bookings myself and work friends did on the first day of sales ;)

Thanks again for our replies they were very helpful :D

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
Level Contributor
4,336 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dumb questions relating to airasia ;)

Hi Jacks,

we've done a few airasia international flights.

with the pre-ordered meals, we received a small bottle of water.

on some of the flights, it can be cool in the cabin so a light covering would be useful.

on our last trip, we carried those neck supports...too big to use and pack. will try the cheap inflatable ones on our next trip....easier to pack anyway.

we love AA for giving us those cheaper fares so that we can travel more often.

remember, its a budget airline so don't expect too much. we'd rather spend the money on the land portion of our trip.

enjoy.

Edited: 8:13 am, October 13, 2013