We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tiger Air to Singapore from KL : KLIA or Lcct?

Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Tiger Air to Singapore from KL : KLIA or Lcct?

Hi All,

Can you tell me which terminal will Tiger Air depart from KL? On my booking it says KUL, but I read on this forum someone said LCCT.

Please clarify.

Thanks a lot!

- Vidya

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
747 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tiger Air to Singapore from KL : KLIA or Lcct?

Tigerair website indicates LCCT

Kent

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,720 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tiger Air to Singapore from KL : KLIA or Lcct?

Tiger will land at LCCT.

Only Jetstar lands at KLIA

Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tiger Air to Singapore from KL : KLIA or Lcct?

Hi Inego & Maic,

Thanks for the reply. I have decided to go for Jetstar, which though expensive is better off than TigerAir.

Best Regards,

Vidya

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,720 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tiger Air to Singapore from KL : KLIA or Lcct?

Good choice. I like Jetstar.

Do note that Jetstar was very strict with luggage weight (including hand luggage weight and size) the last time I took them. DO not try to sneak in a over weight or oversized hand luggage or you might be asked to check it in.

Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tiger Air to Singapore from KL : KLIA or Lcct?

Sure Maic... I will be careful. Thanks for the expert advice :)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tiger Air to Singapore from KL : KLIA or Lcct?

Hi there,

I had the exact questions in mind.

Choosing between Jet Star, Air Asia & Tiger Air - wondering if they all land @LCCT?

Otherwise, how does one shuttle between KLIA and LCCT as I am taking another flight out from KLIA.

Thanks-a-mill!

Edited: 6:38 am, October 22, 2013
7. Re: Tiger Air to Singapore from KL : KLIA or Lcct?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:37 pm, October 22, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
747 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tiger Air to Singapore from KL : KLIA or Lcct?

Jetstar uses KLIA, AirAsia and Tiger use LCCT. If the same fare and good connections for other flights, always use KLIA - the LCCT is a dump! But a cheap fare can make up for it....

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,720 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tiger Air to Singapore from KL : KLIA or Lcct?

What Airline are you taking out of KLIA? Sometimes it might be worth it pay more for the convienence.

For budget airlines, you need to do baggage claim, immigration and re-checkin. KLIA the baggage claim and immigration can take an hour, plus allowing another 2 hours to checkin for international flights. And giving some time in case your budget flight out of singapore is delayed, you are looking at a transit time of at least 4-5 hours to be safe.

If your airline interlines with either Malaysian Airlines or Singapore Airlines, you may have the convienence of checking your luggage through to your destination and thus enjoy a leisurely wait as a transit passenger in KLIA.

Edited: 10:40 pm, October 22, 2013
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Tiger Air to Singapore from KL : KLIA or Lcct?

In case more people look into this question, it took me some time to figure out the latest departure airport of Tiger Air from KL is from KLIA2. The LCCT terminal closed at 9 May, 2014 for cheap flight, only cargo flight will be there.

http://www.klia2.info/airlines

Hope this will help!

With respect, Su