We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Stopover

Preston
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Airport Stopover

Hi all,

In November we will be returning from Australia via KL. To get the best price, it is suggested that we should stay over in an Airport hotel. We will arrive in KL at 20:40, sleep, then reconnect at 12:00 the next day. Is this a good idea? Is it easy to do at KL? Are there any decent places to stay around the site. Initial searches through this website show hotels that are not too appealing. Any tips/advice?

Thanks

Lancashirethorn

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
1. Re: Airport Stopover

Well, it depends what your personal definition of "not too appealing" is, but this one's a good hotel at the airport and appeals to me :-)

http://klairport.panpacific.com/

I hope I'm not mis-reading your post... with "around the site" I'm assuming you mean around the airport?

happy holidays,

M

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
2. Re: Airport Stopover

Hi Lancashirethorn, does a hotel that comes with a complimentary buggy to pick you, register your check-in at the baggage carousel area, transfer your luggage to the hotel lobby, served a sumptous breakfast bufett, linked to KLIA terminal by an airconditioned walkway, sound-proofed windows, a great North Indian cuisine restaurant appeal to you?

Then if so, as M2006 correctly put it---take me to the Pan Pacific KLIA airport hotel.

They have a booth beside belt "F" at the baggage carousel areas for your complimentary buggy ride.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
12,735 posts
46 reviews
3. Re: Airport Stopover

Well, the other option if you do not like an airport hotel is you can always go to the KL Hilton or Le Meridian located at KL Sentral.

These are connected by a 35min train ride using the KLIA Express train. The hotels are right at the other end of the station.

After deciding whether you want to stay at the airport or KL Sentral,

you can also decide if you want to venture into KL for a bit of fun.

Clubs and supper joints open up to the early hours of the morning. I would suggest exploring the clubs along Jalan P Ramlee and Asian Heritage Row, and supper along Jalan Alor.

However, it is better to stay at the KL Hilton/ Le Meridian if you plan to do that because the KLIA Express trains stops after midnight and it can be costly to take a taxi back to the airport with midnight surcharge.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
4. Re: Airport Stopover

hi lancashirethorn, maic is suggesting you come down to KL vide the KLIA Express (RM35 per person one way) and arrive at KL Sentral and check into KL Hilton or Le Meridien; and enjoy some music at Zeta Bar or have wine in Riedel glass at Vintage Bar.

Options open to you; but I see, the word" sleep" , no mention of painting the town in colours.

Anyway, just to verify, the last train for KLIA Express is 0100hrs, first train is 0500hrs, with frequency every 15 minutes. Journey duration:28minutes.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
12,735 posts
46 reviews
5. Re: Airport Stopover

Hi, you mail did not mention if you have been to KL. If you have not, and thing you may not be too tired, then maybe you want to take a look.

I did the same thing in Chicago a few months back.

I was on the way to Toronto and was suggested to take a stopover in Chicago in case US customs delay caused me to miss my connecting flight to Toronto.

I checked into a airport hotel in Rosemont, had dinner and slept. Woke up 4am the next day to catch the flight to Toronto.

On hindsight, I regretted that I did not at least go into Chicago mangnificant mile and spend a few hours in the city.

adelaide, australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Airport Stopover

Hi, we are stopping over in KL on way to UK in September and have booked the Concorde Inn at the airport, includes a shuttle to and from and also breakfast, we got his at $60 AUD a night, we have the same return flight, leaving midday next day. For one night the reviews seem o.k, depends on if you want just a bed for the night or not. For us, as long as it is clean that is the main thing!! Booked on asiarooms, no hassles. Also can be booked on last minute web sites if you want to wait to book.

Georgetown, Penang
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
1 review
7. Re: Airport Stopover

Good choice. To much hassle going in to KL for a night.

Preston
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: Airport Stopover

Hi all, thanks for all the info - very useful. Can't wait to get there.

9. Re: Airport Stopover

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 am, August 16, 2009