We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money exchange

Cairns
Level Contributor
114 posts
142 reviews
Save Topic
Money exchange

I know there are lots of answers on the right hand side of this page, however, I cant find what I am looking for. I arrive in KL at 4.30am in the morning will the money exchangers be open then so that I can change A$.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,726 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Money exchange

No idea. To be safe why dont you change about RM300 first.

In any case, the rates at the airport are very bad.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Money exchange

G'day, if referring to bureau de change -they are open 24/7 at the airport-both terminals.

AUD1 buys you RM2.95- Maybank currency notes rates(buy)

Strange it may seem, Maybank currency notes forex rates for AUD are same with licensed money changers, e.g. in Mid Valley- from the two notable licensed money changer below the escalator at centre court- then you go to a newsagent opposite of McDonalds Mid Valley-less crowded-also similar rates -sometimes RM0.01 lesser.

Edited: 2:51 am, June 17, 2013
Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,718 posts
352 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Money exchange

Or you could use your ATM card.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Money exchange

There are many currency exchanges on the main streets and each one varies CDN = 2.96- 3.06. Do not carry American Express travellers chqs you must search high and low and very hard to change. Checked at over 10 banking institutions and after two days found one that would. Took almost 30 minutes to change with too much paperwork.

5. Re: Money exchange

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 07, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Kuala Lumpur