We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New terminal opening date?

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
26 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
New terminal opening date?

Is it still scheduled to open at the end of June, or will it be further delayed in good Malaysian style?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
184 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New terminal opening date?

A recent press release states the jobbers doing the work are struggling to meet june 28 deadline....

so no, it wont be finished. Google Klia2 for more information and updates.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
865 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New terminal opening date?

Latest "guesstimate" is January 2014..

Discussion on this recent thread

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g298570-i7008-k…

Cheers

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New terminal opening date?

Just got back from KL yesterday morning. Lots of activity going on, but it doesnt look anywhere near finished. But who knows if they work on it 24 hours a day, how much can be done in a month or two.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: New terminal opening date?

G'day Danutaperth, gosh, you are back to KL again. Trust all is going good.

Oh, also Malaysian style..appearing busy with lots of activities,but all at the wrong places.

Better come to HK and experience the new Kai Tak cruise terminal(am thinking of after my trip in Australia, to take the cruise back to HK from Perth- maybe to save me some research time- any ideas- guess will be from Fremantle). This new cruise terminal can berth two Oasis-class vessels -- the largest cruise ships in the world -- at the same time.

Though first stop in Australia will be MEL, then to Tassie, back to MEL,then train to Adelaide, then on to Perth...then if there is a cruise ship schedule from Perth, will just skip Sydney this time and NZ(Wellington).

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,235 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New terminal opening date?

It had been deferred indefinitely

The airport operator MAPH put the blame on contractor.

The stock had drop due to unable to commit a new date..

A very incompetent management team,that do not know how to manage but point finger on their appointed contractors

goto link

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293951-i7006-k648…

Geelong
Level Contributor
423 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New terminal opening date?

Oh no I have to go through that pathetic lcct in July. Oh well its just an airport terminal I suppose. Klia express is easier from klia than lcct.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: New terminal opening date?

well Harry, you can defer not coming in July..and come to HK..and you can be sure not to miss any of TheCats AFL matches..we got Kangaroo Bar

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: New terminal opening date?

very sad indeed...cost overflow..laughing stock.

Edited: 1:51 am, May 10, 2013
Geelong
Level Contributor
423 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New terminal opening date?

Ha ha...... I'm all booked and paid for. Mel- KL for a few days then to Penang then back to KL for a day to Phuket then home. I'll miss 4 Cats games live but apart from another premiership I'd rather be in Asia. I'm about to go and see the Cats hammer Essendon tonight. Cheers mate.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
865 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New terminal opening date?

Interesting that it keeps getting deferred, however building a new air terminal is big business and I'm sure is way more involved than we understand.

Anyway, the LCCT isn't THAT bad.....your plane arrives, you get off, you get your bags and away you go to enjoy yourself in KL or your next destination.

Then - holiday over :( back to LCCT you check in, get on your plane and go home, or to your next destination.

It is an airport terminal people !!! A means to your end - you don't holiday AT the LCCT !

Never mind - I must have missed all the horrid things that take place in this terminal.....I'll have to walk through with my eyes open next month !! When I see/hear/experience the big green nasties, I'll report back !

Have a good weekend everyone.