We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SimeDerby Hertz car rental in Kuala Lumpur Downtown

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
SimeDerby Hertz car rental in Kuala Lumpur Downtown

Another panic about our hol to Malaysia!!!

I'm looking for the SimeDerby Hertz car rental location in Downtown KL, where we've organised to collect a car. I've put the address into Google maps but it doesn't understand the address. Can anybody point me in the right direction please?

Thanks in advance

M

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,440 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SimeDerby Hertz car rental in Kuala Lumpur Downtown

Thats funny because I just googled the name and got this address and map:

Ground Floor, Lot 2, Jalan Sultan Ismail, Kompleks Antarabangsa, 50250, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan 50250, Malaysia

+60 3-2148 6433

But it did say Sime DARBY rent a car....

Ipoh, Malaysia
Level Contributor
212 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SimeDerby Hertz car rental in Kuala Lumpur Downtown

FYI, Sime Darby Rent A Car Sdn Bhd, the local licensee of Hertz, has moved as Kompleks Antarabangsa is being demolished to make way for a new mixed development project.

Their new address in downtown KL is:

Lot G01 A & G02 A, Wisma MPL, Jalan Raja Chulan, 50200 Kuala Lumpur

Tel: +603-77181266 (within Malaysia) or +603-2026 2497 / 2498 / 2499

http://www.simedarbycarrental.com/

Just google using "Wisma MPL, Jalan Raja Chulan, 50200 Kuala Lumpur" for the location.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SimeDerby Hertz car rental in Kuala Lumpur Downtown

Great thanks LunarJade I just needed somebody in the know!

I'll get that straight into Google maps now and print it off.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: SimeDerby Hertz car rental in Kuala Lumpur Downtown

Hi again, trust you are having all your pre-planning sorted out.

No worries about driving in KL--yep,some may provide their insights,and that is all good too.

It would help,if you could check if Hertz provides a PlusTag for you,then with the smartcard-TouchnGo- going through tolls will be smoother,and also in some parking--they also accept payment by TouchnGo.

Do adhere to speed limits..as i remember, you could be going to Cameron Highlands, on a stretch of the NSE-there is AES- automated enforcement system and occasionally there are speed traps too.

Occasionally, you may note, traffic on opposite direction, flashing high beam at you in daylight--they are warning that there is speed trap ahead in your direction.

At petrol stations, just pump RON95- that is RM1.90/liters. They accept credit card at the pump terminal,or pay cash at the store.

Be vigilant,and do give way to that tiny car (Kelisa, Kancil--yep the one that Jeremy Clarkson bashed up with sledgehammer, though I understand no complaints from UK customers with this GBP5k vehicle)--they flash even if you are at 110km/h--some on steroid lah.

Driving in Malaysia will give your OH strengthened guts when he returns back to driving for monies.

All the best and safe driving.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SimeDerby Hertz car rental in Kuala Lumpur Downtown

Hi...Just an update on my recent trip.

I'd like to thank you all for the great information.

Yes KL Downtown Hertz had moved to Lot G01 A & G02 A, Wisma MPL, Jalan Raja Chulan, 50200 Kuala Lumpur...Just a 10 min taxi ride from our hotel.

We collected it after the morning rush hour, asked the staff at SimeDarby which way out of the car park, negotiated our way through the traffic (which was no busier than driving in our city in the UK) and headed straight upto the Cameron Highlands. We went on road 1 rather than the E1 so we didn't have to pay any tolls. (The toll stations were very easy to negotiate when we did come across them later in the trip)

We found all the roads on Malaysia Mainland, Penang & Langkawi to be very well maintained and lovely and wide. My OH absolutely loved it. His view is to give way to the smaller vehicles and pedestrians .... we found that the majority of the local motorists stick to the rules anyway. And nobody ever said letting you out at a junction was in the rules! haha

And because we were not beholden to public transport, we went wherever we wanted, whenever we wanted, stopping to take thousands of pictures and make a lifetime of memories in this beautiful country.

Ipoh, Malaysia
Level Contributor
212 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SimeDerby Hertz car rental in Kuala Lumpur Downtown

Hi M

Glad to hear that you had an enjoyable experience driving in the country :) I am sure you saw more than the usual sights

7. Re: SimeDerby Hertz car rental in Kuala Lumpur Downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 11, 2014