We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Malawati Shah Alam Stadium from KL

Delhi
3 posts
Save Topic
How to get to Malawati Shah Alam Stadium from KL

Yhis will be my first time in KL. I will be attending an event in Shah Alam Stadium that will go till late night. Then i have to get back to Palace of Golden Horses where i am intending to make a reservation. Should i go ahead in making a reservation that far? If yes what are the modes of transport and how much will be charged as fare?

Thanks

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,417 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Malawati Shah Alam Stadium from KL

Hi

The easiest is a taxi, and expect to pay around 50-75myr.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,280 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Malawati Shah Alam Stadium from KL

There is no public transport going to this hotel

Palace of Golden Horses is situated quite from down town KL and taxi is the only way getting there or hotel taxi.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,602 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Malawati Shah Alam Stadium from KL

Palace is far from shah alam too...

Delhi
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to Malawati Shah Alam Stadium from KL

Thanks for the replies..50-75 myr is the to and fro cost or just one side?

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to Malawati Shah Alam Stadium from KL

Depending on which part of KL and also depending on you the type of taxi you are using.

Distance ~ 28km.

Budget (Red/white)

RM30 (No Traffic)

Executive Cab (Blue)

RM60(No Traffic)

In the event you have to catch a late cab, there is a 50% midnight surcharge from 12am-6am

Delhi
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get to Malawati Shah Alam Stadium from KL

Thanks.. i will be leaving from Palace of Golden Horses. Budget taxi will do. Is it easy to find the taxi? Is negotiation required or fares are fixed?

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get to Malawati Shah Alam Stadium from KL

I believe that the P.G.Horses provider uses executive cabs there. If you require a budget taxi, i think it is possible but you would have to request with the concierge and there would probably be a 15mins wait.

Pricewise going there you probably would use the meter. However your return trip you probably would have to negotiate with a taxi driver to get back. If not try pre-booking with your hotel a return trip. Saves you the hassle of negotiating and safer too.

Cheers

8. Re: How to get to Malawati Shah Alam Stadium from KL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 19, 2014