We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I book a hotel for 2 then add 3rd person...?

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Save Topic
Can I book a hotel for 2 then add 3rd person...?

Hi,

I am travelling to meet my parents in KL, can I book a hotel for 2 adults online then, add an extra rollaway bed when I reach ?, will i be charged only for the extra bed or would i have to pay a ton of other fees..?, in other words would it be better to book a triple which costs a lot more ? or would it be cheaper to just add an extra bed when I arrive ? Thank you !

Regards,

Elijah

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,761 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I book a hotel for 2 then add 3rd person...?

This really depends on the hotel.

It is better to contact the hotel.

Just say a third person "might" be joining but not confirmed yet, and what are the charges should the person decide to join.

If you book a room with breakfast, you should expect the additional charges would include a third breakfast (plus the rollaway bed if its not free). If you booked a club floor, expect also a 3rd person supplement for use of the club facilities and happy hour too.

Get the response in writing so in case the answer is different when you check in you can always fall back to the reply in writing

Edited: 2:59 am, January 30, 2013
Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I book a hotel for 2 then add 3rd person...?

Thank you for the advise, you loosened the grip on my wallet...lol

I will call them and probably ask for a quotation to be sent via email if possible.

I made sure to jot down the names of the hotels that had rooms capable of 3 people, so i can book for 2 and hope fully be lucky to get an extra bed at a fraction of the cost of booking for 3 adults. Thanks again !

Australia
Level Contributor
1,351 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I book a hotel for 2 then add 3rd person...?

Hi

Or book a double queen at Parkroyal....no need 4 uncomfortable rollaway bed...

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I book a hotel for 2 then add 3rd person...?

Thanks for the suggestions..., I had a look but...

They must have changed it as i can only see the following options:

Superior Queen

Deluxe King

Deluxe Twin

Deluxe Double Double

The Deluxe Double Double is the most I wish to pay, besides after that is Orchid club King and expensive club bedding configs...

Western Australia
Level Contributor
161 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can I book a hotel for 2 then add 3rd person...?

Contact the hotel direct. Both parkroyal and dorsett regency have rooms with 2 queen beds when I contacted them even though I couldn't find it on the website.

6. Re: Can I book a hotel for 2 then add 3rd person...?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 01, 2014