We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KL in August12

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
98 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
KL in August12

Arriving Sunday 5/8 - staying 4 days

1. How do I get from the Traders Hotel to the Mega Mall by Train?

2. What would it cost for a taxi from Traders to the Mega Mall?

3. Is the Lake Gardens worth a visit, I hear you can hire Segways, if there are none available would it be too hot to walk around, is there anything to see?

4. Is the train system easy to use, buying tickets etc?

Appreciate advice

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,541 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KL in August12

Take the LRT to KL Sentral. Then switch to KTM train to Mid valley

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
2,804 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: KL in August12

Hi Banora

The Lake Gardens are worth a visit. We hired segways and that was a lot of fun, except when my 6 yr old son ran over my foot. We also walked around before our segway ride and visited the Planatarium which is good . There is also a Museum there and we walked for about an hour or so. It does get hot but is a nice change from the hustle and bustle of the enclosed spaces of the city. Have a great trip.

Sean

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: KL in August12

Lake Gardens is ok to walk round, if you like parks (which i do) although i wouldnt say its one of the most interesting I've ever been too.. The bird park might be of interest however.

Adelaide S.A.
Level Contributor
933 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: KL in August12

This is a bit of an old post (6 months out) but can you comment on the cost of the Segways?

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
98 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: KL in August12

Hi, didn't get a chance to visit the Lake Gardens, wife need to shop then shop some more, I'm sure if you post your question on the forum you will get your info

6. Re: KL in August12

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 31, 2014