We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aromatherapy Essential Oils

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
67 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Aromatherapy Essential Oils

Hi All,

Can anyone suggest where I might be able to purchase some 100% authentic aromathery essential oils in KL.

My friend is doing a massage course and was hoping to get some oils at a good price - (Cheaper than in Perth)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jen

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Aromatherapy Essential Oils

Hi Jen, could go to MidValley shopping mall: there is Jurilque, then inside MetroJaya department store- look for Culpeper kiosk store: excellent essential aromatherapy oil

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
67 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aromatherapy Essential Oils

Thanks mKiara,

I will look there. Is Midvalley and Mega Mall the same Place?

I have read on TA about some of the little old shops on the outskirts of Chinatown - do you think they may have any?

Jen

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,936 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aromatherapy Essential Oils

Midvalley Mega Mall is one and the same place, it is a bit out of town, but you can get a train or taxi there.

There are lots of little shops all around Chinatown but can't say about Aromatherapy oils as never really been looking. Same with Sungei Wang, probably there, but not something I look for, sorry!

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aromatherapy Essential Oils

Jurlique is an Aussie brand so cheaper in Aus. Thailand and Bali produce better quality aroma oils; Malaysia isn't known for them.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Aromatherapy Essential Oils

JulesB66..in fact to my surprise also -it is in fact to the contrary- it is in fact cheaper in the States if compared to in Australia..though as you mentioned it is a product from Australia.

Similarly, the Australian product- MooGoo- with bundled packaging and another free gift- it is in fact cheaper in Malaysia than it is in Australia.

As for Thailand..yep do agree..but for truly 100 % authentic where the essential oils essence is more--ie.. say lavender--more lavender than mineral oil--only Harnn fits the bill.

And in Kl..the nearest I find is Jurlique and Culpeper.

@Jen, those little shops in fringes of Chinatown-- for a truly good one--I am not bothered..well...as you know..for the same size opaque bottle..take lavendar--you can have RM50 and another in the Japanese RM5 store--it can be had for RM5-- rub it on your skin..and see which one the scent lingers longer and able to absorb into skin pores and the true healing properties of essential oil can be realised.

Though for your friend-- and very localised-- do buy the nutmeg oil and also minyak gamat( minyak= malay for oil and gamat is malay for sea cucumber).

malaysia
Level Contributor
283 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aromatherapy Essential Oils

You can try to find aromatherapy essential massage oil at Midvalley Megamall. I remember seeing at least 2 booths (stand alone stall). 1 at lower ground near Big Apple Donut. Another 1 at 2nd or 3rd flr (I think the brand is "tanah merah" but not too sure. You may ask information counter for the exact location.

Another alternative you may check out at Sungei Wang Plaza, in a beauty/spa supplier shop. Not sure which floor, sorry.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,765 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aromatherapy Essential Oils

remember you will need to pack in your hold baggage and ensure they do not leak in the hold...also would suggest you contact Customs in Australia regarding the importation

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
67 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aromatherapy Essential Oils

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know - we found a beautiful stall in Central Market - Tannama (???) or something like that - on the ground floor.

They had a great range - and happened to have a20% discount.

My friend was very pleased!!

Jen

malaysia
Level Contributor
283 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aromatherapy Essential Oils

Hi JentheHen!

The brand should be TANAMERA. It is quite a well known brand especially to spa operators/owner.

Thanks for your update.

brisbane
Level Contributor
61 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aromatherapy Essential Oils

Hi Mkiaratravel

Where can I buy Moogoo in Malaysia, will be staying at the Hotel Maya.

Thanks