We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Professional Child / Family Portraits

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
819 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Professional Child / Family Portraits

My wife and our 18mth old daughter will be visiting KL, arriving on 16 October for 4 nights before heading to Langkawi for 9 more nights.

We were considering arranging professional family portraits whilst we are there. Is it any cheaper than in Melbourne, Australia, and is it worth doing and do we have enough time?

Also, if it is something worth considering, can anynone make any recommendations?

country victoria
Level Contributor
628 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Professional Child / Family Portraits

Hi red back, my daughter and I had professional photos done at sun way lagoon shopping centre but they are also at times square. They are the ones that do your hair and make up. They give you your photos on a cd and there are all different packages. Some come with photos put they are onl inkjet printed and not that good, better to print when you get back home. You can organize within the day. I think my package ended up costing around $50 we were happy with them, you can also wear there clothes( we ended up just having shawls around us) head and shoulders. But if you are aiming for a specific look just wear your own clothes there. No need to book just rock up

Hth

Shona

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
2,765 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Professional Child / Family Portraits

Hi Redback

On a slightly different matter,we got a charcoal sketch of our 6yr old son,done behind the Craft Market,near chinatown.If you go through the ground level of the craft market,from front to back,go right at the rear exit,and you will find artists who do both charcoal and pencil sketches.We had our sons portrait done by a lady and young boy,right hand side behind Craft Market,I think second last stall.Looks fantastic and only cost around $15 Aus.Have a great time.

Sean

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
819 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Professional Child / Family Portraits

Thanks guys - may well check them both out! We were hoping a studio would provide the proof photos on disc or USB so it looks like we wil be in luck!

Any other suggestions, then please throw them out there.

4. Re: Professional Child / Family Portraits

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, October 26, 2012