We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MRT/LRT from Kota Damansara to Puduraya

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,371 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
MRT/LRT from Kota Damansara to Puduraya

Iam a budget traveller and I have been to Kuala Lumpur twice and during last visit stayed at Citin Hotel just because Star Airport Shuttle starts/stops at Puduraya and I can just cross the road and get into the Hotel.

I have my next visit with Family and Tune Hotels at Kota Damansara and even booking 2 different rooms appears to be substantial savings.

I understand Airport to Kota Damansara Taxi would be MYR 90

I would only make a single visit to Kuala Lumpur for Site Seeing so just working out costs so I need to know the following.

Is there a MRT/LRT Train from/to Kota Damansara to Puduraya (i know there is a lrt station near puduraya with some name called Jalan....)

What is the Taxi cost one way Kota Damansara to KL

Taxi cost Kota Damnsara to Genting Island

I did read previous posts someone not recommending Tune Hotels/Kota Damansara as we would spend more on transporation but as it would just be for one day iam still keen on working out.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,241 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MRT/LRT from Kota Damansara to Puduraya

"Jalan" is the Malay name for street and not a name for any destination.hence there would be thousand of "Jalan" all over KL eg" Jalan" Bukit Bintang aka Bukit Bintang street.

Genting Highland is a highland destination and not an Island.

Thank for asking

Cheers

Edited: 7:48 pm, September 07, 2011
Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,541 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MRT/LRT from Kota Damansara to Puduraya

There is also no trains to kota damansara. You can take the U88 bus. Taxi to KL I guess should be Rm 30 to 40..

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,541 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MRT/LRT from Kota Damansara to Puduraya

To get to Genting, a Taxi would probably be at least RM100 or more. Its a 90min journey by car.

Contact them for details

http://www.gentingtaxi.com/

Alternatively, buy a bus ticket from KL Sentral (may need to buy in advance for weekend slots)

www.gogenting.com.my/en/express/index.htm

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,371 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MRT/LRT from Kota Damansara to Puduraya

Thanks for your replies. So overall this is what would be my basic transportation costs for my 3 nights stay if based at Kota Damansara.

Day - 1 Airport to Kota Damansara MYR 90

Day - 2 Kota Damansara - KL & back MYR 80

Day - 3 Kota Damansara to Genting Highland MYR 100

Day - 4 Genting Highland to Airport MYR 100

We are 3 Adults and 6 Year Child Hop on Hop off for Site Seeing.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,541 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MRT/LRT from Kota Damansara to Puduraya

That would not be very correct

3 adults plus one child. How much luggage? Will it fit in a budget taxi with a NGV tank at the back? If not you have to use Premier or Van

Day 1 - Aiport to KD RM 84/ RM 118 / RM 223 (Budget/Prem/Van)

Day 2 - KD to KLCC RM 25-30 (meter), else RM 30-40, and similar back

Day 3 - Kota Damansara to Genting RM 200

http://lcctlimo.webs.com/mpvvan.htm

Day 4 - Genting to Airport RM 380 http://lcctlimo.webs.com/mpvvan.htm

I am not advocating the service of lcctlimo. It just serves as a guide

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
93 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: MRT/LRT from Kota Damansara to Puduraya

Since you are on budget, perhaps you may like to consider taking a 15-minute taxi ride from Kota Damansara to One Utama Shopping Centre. From One Utama, you can catch the Genting Express Bus to Genting Highlands. Do refer to this link for more details rwgenting.com/en/…express_bus.htm

Edited: 1:33 pm, September 10, 2011
Subang Jaya...
Level Contributor
66 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: MRT/LRT from Kota Damansara to Puduraya

Hi Ratna

Wondering if you willing to staying in other that Kota Damansara?

Because it seems to me ...your main course is Genting Highland.

Edited: 10:07 am, September 12, 2011
Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,371 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: MRT/LRT from Kota Damansara to Puduraya

Hi Punita,

I remember your posts in Indian Form visiting Tirupati from Trichy :)

Normally I dont choose destinations and trips are based on deals I get on the lowcost airlines & since 2006 i travelled to 7 Countries. Six months back i booked the tickets for Feb. 2012 when i got super low rates. So now 5 months ahead Iam planning for the Hotels to save on costs again, this will be the first International trip for my Children so Genting Highland will be there for Children attraction. We will be there for 3 Nights and one day will stay at Genting so looking out for deals at First World Hotel as well but as of date they have not yet opened booking for Feb. 2012

Though our schedule is for 3 Nights effectively I will be getting two full days, so one day for KL Hop on Hop Off and another day for Genting.

Subang Jaya...
Level Contributor
66 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: MRT/LRT from Kota Damansara to Puduraya

Yup you got me...and in Hyderabad forum as well. :)

Anyway Feb 2012 should be good as Chinese New Year holidays will be over by then. Otherwise Genting will be miserably packed.

I would suggest Tune in Downtown KL located at Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman. Its close to Jalan Raja Laut which is KL Hop On and Off route. The LRT stations are nearby here. You can take monorail and explore Indian streets in Malaysia at Brickfields. (not that you need to)

And you can take Rapidkl (LRT) to Puduraya and a bus to Genting. Or take RapidKl to KL Sentral which is in Brickfields and a bus to Genting. It is cheap I think RM 10 to RM 15 one way. The LRT and monorail from end to end station does not cause more than RM 10 as well. So it really what routes you are planning.

In Genting First World is the cheapest and the rooms are small so you do need 2 rooms.

Hope it helps in your planning.

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,371 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: MRT/LRT from Kota Damansara to Puduraya

My first preference was Puduraya and I actually wanted to stay at Swiss Inn which has a Family Room however Iam seeing the price has increased almost by 40% and current price is US$100 per day so just working out on various options.

And yes even when booked for 2 Rooms Tune Hotels Kota Damansara is dirt cheap. Thanks for your inputs let me see where my search and research ends up.