We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Taxi's from KLIA.

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,411 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Budget Taxi's from KLIA.

When someone suggests getting a cheaper budget taxi from the airport ( coupon) , are they speaking about a normal taxi as opposed to a more luxurious car?

Thanks,

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget Taxi's from KLIA.

Hi,

Perhaps you'd like to check out the photos here:

http://www.airportlimo.my/fleet.php

Budget service more often than not uses Malaysia's Proton Waja as shown in the photo.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
85 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget Taxi's from KLIA.

We took the fast train from KLIA to KL Sentral station. It was quick, very easy and a relaxing train trip (no stops). We got to see a little of the country side without sitting in friday night peak hour traffic. We then got the VIP transfer to our hotel where we were treated like Rock Stars! Highly recommend.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,745 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget Taxi's from KLIA.

HI

The budget taxi is a more compact car - it will carry 2 passengers and their luggage as long as you don't travel with lots. The roomier premier car is a larger vehicle and will accomodate up to 4 passengers very comfortabely or 2-3 if they have lots of lugagge.

I have an issue with the train. Yes it is only 28 mins, but at 35myr a person it can work out more expensive. Especailly when you consider that it only gets you to KL Sentral, and then you have to get a taxi (15-20myr) and guess what you will be stuck in any traffic (which ain't that bad compared to London) as most of the traffic you may meet will not be on the roads outside the city but in the city! Unles the VIP service (one of the options on the KLIA Express website) also ensures clear passage thorough the roads, which I doubt! Fare is about twice the budget taxi kliaekspres.com/erlsb/…Default.aspx

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
12,577 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget Taxi's from KLIA.

The budget taxi is a 1.3 litre 4 door with a ngv tank in the trunk, which will really fit 2 adults with medium sized luggage and hand carry.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget Taxi's from KLIA.

Budget taxi from KLIA/LCCT is a Proton Waja which is a 1.6l. Definitely not 1.3l. City centre taxis may however be of 1.3l, esp. if they are of a Proton Saga model. I agree however that it's comfortable only for 2 passengers (3, if 1 sits in front).

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,411 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Budget Taxi's from KLIA.

I am travelling alone, so it sounds like it will be perfectly fine for me.

Thank you all for your replies. :):

7. Re: Budget Taxi's from KLIA.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, October 07, 2012