We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Kuala Lumpur Executive Club question...

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
829 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Kuala Lumpur Executive Club question...

Hi! I think we've decided to stay at the Hilton in KL for easy access to and from the airport. We arrive at 5:25 pm Saturday evening from Siem Reap and fly out at 3:15 pm Sunday for Los Angeles. My question is whether or not it is worth the extra money to upgrade to the Executive Club, given that we arrive so late and may miss most of the "cocktail hour" (I think it ends at 7:30). I don't how long it takes to clear customs and get to the hotel, check in etc. Are there other advantages to the club, for example do the rooms have a better view? I can get the breakfast buffet only and save $30 if we don't do the club. Also, are the "plus" rooms worth the extra $14? Please let me know what you all think. Thanks!

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,986 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Kuala Lumpur Executive Club question...

I have never stayed on the club floor. However I do workout at the fitness center and I can tell you that the breakfast buffet is fantastic, so maybe you can save some $$ and not do the club floor.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
829 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Kuala Lumpur Executive Club question...

Were you able to still get a nice city view w/out being on the club level?

UK
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Kuala Lumpur Executive Club question...

I'm quite sure club level in the Hilton gives you 24 hr acccess to the exec lounge. Sure, you'll miss the cocktail hour, but the snacks and drinks (soft drinks, tea and coffee) are normally served from early morning untill late evening. So I suppose you could make use of those??? The only real difference with the cocktail hour is the free alcohol.

Just a suggestion .... book just the standard room, then at check-in enquire as to the view you will get with your standard room and which view you would get if you upgrade to club level, and make your decision then and there. I'm quite sure one of the concierges will go with you and let you check out both types of rooms if you are still undecided whjether or not to upgrade, you do after all have a confirmed booking. We did this once at the Hilton in Bangkok. We'd booked a standard room and they offered us an upgrade to a suite for a very reasonable price at check-in. Mind you it was still an extra $30 or so per day, and I wasn't sure if the suites were worth the extra $30. So I asked the receptionist if we could check both out then decide. They were more than happy to oblige. One of the concierges took us up and gave us a tour of the standard room and suite. We opted for the suite.

Ofcourse this idea falls flat on its face if the hotel is running at full capacity or all club level rooms are fully booked.

Please let me know when you get back how the Hilton KL is... we're booked in there for 2 nights in April.

Happy holidaying!!!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
829 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Kuala Lumpur Executive Club question...

Thanks for the ideas, gives me something to think about!

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,986 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton Kuala Lumpur Executive Club question...

The rooms start after the 8th Floor, so the views are pretty reasonable.

Since you have only one night stay, and probably want to spend the time in KL rather than at the hotel, maybe the club floor may not be worth it. If you decide to hang out at the hotel, there resturants and bar is more interesting than the club lounge.

You decide...

Singapore
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton Kuala Lumpur Executive Club question...

As a frequent quest at KL Hilton, let me comment. When you upgrade to Executive Club level (you don't have to buy breakfast). At the Executive lounge they serve breakfast, finger food, sushi in the evening, etc. Obviously at cocktails you get drinks free.

At the Executive lounge you have free internet access and wireless internet connection for your notebook.

What is great about this place is the location. Food is plentiful at the KL Sentral (malay for Central) right across the KL Hilton. If you are not adventurous, there is Starbucks, Kentucky Friend Chicken, McDonalds, etc.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
829 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilton Kuala Lumpur Executive Club question...

Thanks for the replies. I may not have time to enjoy the club facilites much, so I guess it would only be worth it if it would make a huge difference in the view.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
829 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hilton Kuala Lumpur Executive Club question...

Well, we decide to book the Executive Club room after all. I was going to book the rate that included breakfast, but it's gone from the Hilton web site now! I e-mailed them and found out that breakfast would have been about $30 for both of us, so we might as well pay $40 and get the club privileges.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,986 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hilton Kuala Lumpur Executive Club question...

Great for you...the KL Hilton has 2 great hangouts you may wish to try.

Senses fusion resturant is one of the best in town. Reservations required for Saturday.

Zeta bar is also one of the hip happening joints in town as well. You may not need to leave your hotel :-)

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
829 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hilton Kuala Lumpur Executive Club question...

That's good to know. Maybe we can go check out town for a few hours and then spend the late night time at Zeta.