We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AA flight date and time change fee?

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
mumbai
Level Contributor
244 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
AA flight date and time change fee?

hi there,

does anyone know what would be the fee for date and time change. and if the new flight that you are changing to cost the same as the one you had booked is you earlier payment only used or do you need to pay again and wait for a refund on your old payment.

had emailed AA regarding this but they take 5 days to reply by then the sale will be over.

thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
378 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AA flight date and time change fee?

I think your old flight would be cancelled and then you would have to book again at what ever the price is for that day. Don't know if Air Asia refund though!! Have a look on their site for fee's and charges they are listed there.

Edited: 5:43 am, May 25, 2011
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AA flight date and time change fee?

Hi there

Try ringing them. I got through twice (yesterday & today)

and only waited a min for someone to reply. I was calling the one in Aust so not sure how long your wait will be.

I also emailed them on Tuesday. I had a response today regarding my question, not that it was of any help. Got more help by phone.

They must have done some work regarding their call centre as last year I held on for 3 hours and then got cut off. Other times I waited a min of 1 hour. But this time it was so quick.

Cheers. Danuta.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,525 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AA flight date and time change fee?

No you will just be billed for the extra. I booked a flight and realized i got the wrong date. I changed my flight online and paid the extras.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
1,941 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AA flight date and time change fee?

If you head to this link you can get details of the fees incurred for changes to flights - airasia.com/au/…

Not sure if you're departing from Mumbai or KL or elsewhere, but we did a search. The fee for flights Mumbai - KL is Rs2150 per sector, and KL - Mumbai is RM140 per sector.

According to the "Ask" Air Asia link when searching for "change flights"...

"You can make changes by logging on to Manage My Booking, at all our Sales Office/Airport Sales Counter and through our call centre. A change fee is applicable...

...if the new flight booked is in a lower fare class than that of the cancelled booked flight, the difference in fares will not be refunded to the guest

...if the new flight booked is in a higher fare class than that of the cancelled booked flight, the difference in fares shall be paid by the guest before the cancellation or change can be made..."

Lise & Sabrina

mumbai
Level Contributor
244 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AA flight date and time change fee?

thanks a lot lise and sabrina. i got all what i needed to know from ur reply. no point paying that fee as my ticket cost is around that much. guess will have to do christchurch in cold and wet may.

thanks danuta for your reply too. their help line in mumbai dosent seem to work. i had a feeling i'll get all my answers from this forum faster than anywhere else and iwas right.

thanks maic , all that info will come in handy if needed.

thanks all, happy travelling and getting great fares on the sale.

before i go any info on christchurch and travelling to newzealand is welcome.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AA flight date and time change fee?

My one tip. Order some thermal underclothing. Im not sure if you could get them in Mumbai, but you can buy anything on the internet. Google and see what you can find. Top (short or long sleeved) & long bottom pants.

We went in April/May and it was cold for us also, as we come from West Aus.

Our thermals saved us. We didnt need to wear lots and bulk up too much.

Cheers. Danuta.

mumbai
Level Contributor
244 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: AA flight date and time change fee?

thanks danuta, that tip would save me baggage cost too!!

someone told me this years may was warmer and drier hope the same for next year.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: AA flight date and time change fee?

Yes, it may be warmer for the locals and drier, but its still cold for people who live in much hotter areas.

I actually like going to KL in WA summer time esp Jan Feb & Mar when it is so hot & humid here. I feel cooler in KL than at home.

Cheers. Danuta.

9. Re: AA flight date and time change fee?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, May 27, 2012