We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

India visa in Kuala Lumpur

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florence
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
India visa in Kuala Lumpur

Hi everyone! Looking for latest, reliable info on whether I can get an Indian visa in Kuala Lumpur or not at this time. Holding a German passport, am travelling around Asia right now and have a flight already scheduled to KL but now, checking the net, it seems there is no way to obtain a visa for India in KL anymore. It also seems unclear if I can get one in BKK. Any help much appreciated. Thanks!

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: India visa in Kuala Lumpur

Hi there,

As far as I'm aware, the general rule is that you have to be a resident in Malaysia if you want to apply for the visa in Kuala Lumpur. You can however try to double confirm this directly with the company which manages Indian visa applications in Kuala Lumpur. Their email address is:

kl@indiavisa.com.my

Based on my own experience, their response time is very good. Emails replied same day/ within a day. Visa received in one working day.

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: India visa in Kuala Lumpur

From the official website it appears you have to be a resident in Malaysia in order to apply for a visa in the Indian High Commision in Kuala Lumpur.

www.indianhighcommission.com.my/visa.php

E-mail or call the High Commission to find out for sure as suggested above.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: India visa in Kuala Lumpur

When I applied for my Indian visa last October, I saw a few tourists who were applying for theirs. So unless rules have changed.

If you are able to apply for it, do not expect it to be ready in under 5 days (I got mine after a week; hubby got his after 2 weeks). Only Malaysians get theirs processed in under 2 days.

Shah Alam, Malaysia
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: India visa in Kuala Lumpur

Hi. Have to agree with JulesB66. I also applied for Indian visa end of last year and February this year and saw many foreigners applying for theirs. I applied through the Grandlotus India Visa Centre KL though. Near Central Market-Merdeka Square area with 7-11 store right next door. Good Luck.

5. Re: India visa in Kuala Lumpur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, October 29, 2012