We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Question

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
545 posts
101 reviews
Airport Question

Hi

Just was wondering if anyone would be able to assist, I am planning our second trip to KL...yes have been back now for two weeks and arranging another trip....and yes JBR is on the way... anyway, I am looking at stopping in KL for a couple of days and then flying by Air Asia to Penang, on our return trip I will be looking at flying Penang to KL to Gold Coast with Air Asia, what I would like to check is will all the Air Asia flights come into and depart from the same airport, as I am trying to sort out connection times.

Thanks in advance.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
51 posts
36 reviews
1. Re: Airport Question

Hi. We flew Air Asia Gold Coast to KL then to Penang and back last week. All the Air Asia flights in KL were out of the LCC terminal just different areas depending on International or Domestic. All quite well signed so no probs finding everything. (the airport was alot better than we thought it would be)!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
545 posts
101 reviews
2. Re: Airport Question

thank you so much thedaddos.... if you don't mind me asking how much connection time did you have from when you came back from Penang before you connected with your KL to Gold Coast flight.

Cheers:)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,901 posts
176 reviews
3. Re: Airport Question

All from the same airport LCCT.

But when your booking your flights leave enough time to arrive, immigration, collect luggage, etc and then check in for your next flight. Air Asia are a point to point airline and if your delayed on one flight and miss your next one you will probably have to buy a new ticket. So choose your timings carefully

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,961 posts
386 reviews
4. Re: Airport Question

Hi

Yes all Air Asia flys into the LCCTerminal at KUL airport.

You would need to allow at least 3 hours between flights.

1 hour to clear (clear immigration / collect bags / clear customs), then 2 hours to check in again.

The more time you allow the less change of things going wrong, as a missed flight means having to buy new tickets.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
51 posts
36 reviews
5. Re: Airport Question

Hi. On the way back we had about 4 hours but it went quite quickly. On the way over we only had 1 hour 50 minutes and it was abit of a rush but we made it! Happy Holidays.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,472 posts
59 reviews
6. Re: Airport Question

We have also done this.

I would make sure you get on a flight and know there is another later flight in the day that will still make your connection. This way if you get bumped you can still go for the next flight as an alternative.

I think you need to allow four hours to be comfortable.

You don't want to miss an international connection.

Caroline.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
545 posts
101 reviews
7. Re: Airport Question

Thanks everyone for your help, I think I will leave about 4 - 5 hours between connections, seeing I've got two kids in tow as well. Appreciate all your feedback.

I am putting the JBR up on our recent trip later tonight.

Cheers:)

8. Re: Airport Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, April 10, 2011