We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Almost packed and ready to go.

Kent
Level Contributor
121 posts
15 reviews
Almost packed and ready to go.

Thanks everyone for you help and ideas over the last few months whilst we have been planning our trip, will do a JBR on our return.

I have 2 final questions:

We have been told that when we book in at Heathrow our luggage will be booked in all the way to Kota Kinabalu. This leaves us slightly on edge as twice we have had a bag go missing for a few days (fortunately on the way home). Would it be a good idea to collect our bags at KL and then book them in again for our onward flight to KK?

And finally, all my research says that we can use our normal 3 pin plugs in KL and Borneo, is this correct or would we require an adaptor in some places and if so what type?

Thanks

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
350 posts
103 reviews
1. Re: Almost packed and ready to go.

Not sure about bags but kl is definitely 3pin plugs same as uk. Enjoy your trip, 29 weeks on thursday for us not that were counting!

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,961 posts
386 reviews
2. Re: Almost packed and ready to go.

Hi

You don't give away a lot about what time you arrive in from LHR, and what time you leave for Kota Kinabalue, so sssuming that you are flying from LHR to KUL and then KUL to BKI with Malaysian, and that you are travelling out to Kota Kinabalu after a short wait on your arrival at Kuala Lumpur.

In which case yes your bags are checked in all the way, and you will not be able to collect them and then recheck in. This allows you to fly in and out as quickly as possible, otherwise it will be around 2-3 hours before you fly.

We have done this many times and have not lost our bags.

Plugs are the same as we use in the UK.

http://whatplug.info/

Have a great time!

Kent
Level Contributor
121 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Almost packed and ready to go.

Thanks

We arrive at KL at 17.25 and depart for KK at 2015 so we have 2hrs 50 mins at KL airport.

Kent
Level Contributor
121 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: Almost packed and ready to go.

What a useful website about plugs I will put it as one of my favorites will be very useful for other holidays.

Thanks

5. Re: Almost packed and ready to go.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 06, 2011