We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle bus or taxi from LCCT to Pan Pacific KLIA?

Miranda, Sydney
Level Contributor
3,366 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttle bus or taxi from LCCT to Pan Pacific KLIA?

Hi All,

I am getting confused about our transport options from LCCT to the Pan Pacific KLIA. We arrive on a flight at 3.10pm into the LCCT and have to find our way to the hotel.

I have read that the Pan Pacific KLIA has a shuttle that runs every 2 hours to the hotel, but not sure if we can book, or is there another cheap & safe alternative?

If a taxi is the best way, can you give me an idea of the cost?

Many thanks,

Sandy

Brisbane
Level Contributor
368 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle bus or taxi from LCCT to Pan Pacific KLIA?

Hi Sandy, this is from the hotel website:

Guests arriving via the Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT) should note that the terminal is located 20 km from the hotel. Transportation services at scheduled hours are available via shuttle van from the hotel to LCCT and vice versa with a minimum charge.

Guests can check into their room at the hotel check-in counter located near the baggage claim area (Carousel F) in the main terminal of the International Arrival Hall and hop on our 24-hour buggy that runs to and from the KLIA main terminal to the hotel via a sky bridge link.

Not sure if this is helpful but you can catch a bus for approx 2.50 MYR to KLIA from LCCT then take the buggy.

Going by the hotel website, Id say that you could possibly book the shuttle through them.

Have fun

DEE

Miranda, Sydney
Level Contributor
3,366 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle bus or taxi from LCCT to Pan Pacific KLIA?

Thanks Dee,

I read that on the website and sent them an email - but they said it was a first come, first serve basis - and did not mention that I could book it. So I presume that it's just pot luck if I we can get on it. We will also have 2 suitcases as well - a bit hesitant to store them at the LCCT.

If there are any other options, I would love some ideas.

Cheers,

Sandy

Brisbane
Level Contributor
368 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle bus or taxi from LCCT to Pan Pacific KLIA?

Hi Sandy,

This was on an email I received from them last week - might help you a litte!

Although, You may have received this from them too !

Dear Ms De,

Greetings from Pan Pacific Kuala Lumpur International Airport!

Thank you for choosing Pan Pacific KLIA as your preferred business address.

The Low Cost Carrier (LCC) Terminal(Air Asia Terminal) is 20 km from the Hotel. The Hotel have provides transportation service from LCC Terminal to Hotel and Hotel to LCC Terminal with the cost is RM70 /USD 22 (Before midnite) per way for one Car (Limousine) and vice versa via a shuttle van for our guest with the cost RM10 per person / per way. That is first come first serve basis.

Please refer to the attachment for the LCCT – Van pick up point for your reference.

Operation Hours For Hotel Shuttle Van:

From Hotel to LCCT – 0500 hrs, 0700 hrs, 0900 hrs, 1400 hrs, 1700 hrs and 2000 hrs

From LCCT to Hotel – 0600 hrs, 0800 hrs, 1000 hrs, 1500 hrs, 1800 hrs and 2100 hrs

Alternatively, public transports (public cab/bus) are also available at the Terminal itself. (For the bus the fare is RM 1.50 per way and for the public taxi it depends on what type of taxi you take- Budget / Premier / Budget Limousine)

If you interested, kindly email us the detail for booking

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,831 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shuttle bus or taxi from LCCT to Pan Pacific KLIA?

hi sandy

we took the paid shuttle bus to Sentral and then caught a taxi from Sentral to our hotel- it was ok but really a bit of a bother- you have to walk quite a way with your suitcases from LCCT to the Bus Depot to take the shuttle, then you've got to wait for the shuttle bus to fill up, and then when it arrives at Sentral, you've got to walk to the taxi rank....

- we bought return tickets on the shuttle but then decided it was all too much bother and just ended up taking a budget taxi from hotel to LCCT when it was time to return home.

the shuttle bus was 14myr return pp to Sentral and then a taxi fare to Bukit Bintang to our hotel.

I truly think it's just easier and not so much more- about AU$30 to take a budget taxi from our hotel to the LCCT- (or 90myr approx each way)

Edited: 2:04 am, September 05, 2010
India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,421 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shuttle bus or taxi from LCCT to Pan Pacific KLIA?

Hi Sandy,

After your flight I would just get a taxi over to the Pan P. Get a voucher from the taxi counter before you go outside, and take it and give it to the taxi driver. Should take around 15-25 mins dependent on traffic. Cost if I recall the last time was about 50myr, but may will of changed. No problems and very easy.

I you want you can get the bus over (around 5myr each) but you may not be bothered with the hassle of carriing luggage up on the bus and upstairs to get the buggy to the hotel at KLIA.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,157 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shuttle bus or taxi from LCCT to Pan Pacific KLIA?

Hi

Agree with Scotland, the most flexible choice, and the most expensive, is to get a taxi from the taxi counter in the arrivals hall at LCCT over to the Pan Pacific. This would be door to door, no hassle of walking etc for around the 30-50myr mark. This allows you to get to the hotel at KLIA quickly and not have to wait for the next one available. And at just over AU$10 per car is not that expensive for up to 4 passengers!

The next simpliest option is the bus that runs every 20mins between the 2 terminals and costs around 2myr a person. This will take you to KLIA terminal from there it is only a 5min gentle stroll to the hotel or get the buggy if it is in the arrivals hall (which it never seems to be for us!)

All these options are safe!

The PP shuttle bus, whilst being free, only runs every 2 hours, a long wait if it does not coinside with your arrival. Depending on the size of the bus, doubt it would get that full if it allocates spaces on a first come first served basis.

I think Maz is confusing your enquiry with gettting into the city, not realising that the Pan Pacifc is at the Airport adjoining KLIA terminal.

Have a great time and enjoy your stay at the PP!

Edited: 4:24 am, September 05, 2010
Miranda, Sydney
Level Contributor
3,366 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shuttle bus or taxi from LCCT to Pan Pacific KLIA?

Thank you so much, everybody - Yes, I will definitely get the pre-paid taxi voucher at the terminal. After I put up the post, I did some searching on TA and found the LCCT airport link with the approximate prices on the taxis - and of course, there it was! Thank you TA and very helpful members.

Cheers,

Sandy

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,831 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shuttle bus or taxi from LCCT to Pan Pacific KLIA?

oh i'm definitely confused- i didn't realize pan pacific wasn't in the city or BB- and I didn't stop to read sandy's post properly either, or i'd have realized it said KLIA...

thank you for correcting me..

9. Re: Shuttle bus or taxi from LCCT to Pan Pacific KLIA?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 05, 2011