We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AirAsia Glitch

Albany. WA
Level Contributor
269 posts
28 reviews
AirAsia Glitch

Hi All

After last weekends fun and games where AA cancelled various flights to/from Aust and KL without advising passengers either by e-mail or by text of cancellation, am I a little paranoid checking availability of flights on the legs of our holiday on a regular basis?

Cheers

Trevor

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
56 reviews
1. Re: AirAsia Glitch

No, not paranoid ... just realistic. I've 3 flights with them next month ... and so far, have no reason to believe there'll be any cancellations. Then again, maybe I've just jinxed it by saying so!

Bangalore, India
Level Contributor
623 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: AirAsia Glitch

In case of cancellation, do they simply offer a full refund or the option to choose flights on other days at the same prices at which the ticket was booked?

Albany. WA
Level Contributor
269 posts
28 reviews
3. Re: AirAsia Glitch

Last weekend we were able to transfer our booking to the next available flight, but this also required to shift the connecting flights to the next available flights. Please note that both of our flights to and from KL were cancelled, basically we are leaving Perth 8 hours later than we intended and the return flight is around 8 hours later.

In the end the layover in KL was extended by hour bothe ways to and from Phuket.

Don't forget I was on the phone to the Customer Centre for about 2 hours during 2 calls and I also gave up 3 times after waiting over an hour on all three occassions

Cheers

Trevor

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
4. Re: AirAsia Glitch

My sister family due to flight from Perth to KL on 23/9/2010 but was cancelled and only got the email notification on 17/9/2010. Not only that, when she called AA call centre to rebook the flight to the later flight on the same day; AA stuffed it up and she is now without flight to KL.

My sister family end up booking a replacement flight with Malaysian air to KL and only get refund from AA.

I guest what do you expect from budget airline. They were lucky to get the refund and managed to booked the tickets with another airline. Do check your flight with AirAsia often, incase they decide to cancel your flight and have your holiday plan ruin.

Not happy Jan

Perth, Australia
14 posts
5. Re: AirAsia Glitch

Trevor,

you are not the only paranoid one. After last weekends debacle I find myself checking my flights many times a day, I am a but worried about the AA magic act .....one minute your flight is there the next minute it is gone! Fingers crossed it all falls into place for all of us.

Regards,

Tina

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
487 posts
14 reviews
6. Re: AirAsia Glitch

Hi Just an update to all who are interested. After reading these posts i called Air Asia and my fight out to KL on the 20 October 2010 at 0050hrs (12:50 am) has been cancelled

That's flight number D72717 Perth to KL has now been officially CANCELLED I have been moved to the day before and now we have to book an extra room at our hotel, re-book our transfers and so on.

I hope this helps.

Sharx

Perth, Australia
14 posts
7. Re: AirAsia Glitch

What to do now?

When I try a new booking for our departure date it says sorry no flights available with a footnote that flights may be full for that day. Prior and later days the departure at 6.50 is still there. I am Very paranoid is flight full or cancelled ..... How to know? I suppose I will just have to call customer service again for confirmation.

Regards,

Tina

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
72 posts
8. Re: AirAsia Glitch

Tina,

I am also paranoid. I have been checking Perth airport site everyday for about the last 5 days. An Air Asia flight has departed at 6:50am everyday so far. Even on the days were Air Asia website said no flights available. I hope that this reassures you a bit.

Sharon

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
9. Re: AirAsia Glitch

In the Booking System "No flights available" doesn't mean flight cancelled. It means the flight is fully booked or if, for instance, someone tries to make a booking for more seats than are available.

Perth
Level Contributor
742 posts
125 reviews
10. Re: AirAsia Glitch

That is great news Sharon.