We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

all that worry for nothing.....

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,855 posts
173 reviews
Save Topic
all that worry for nothing.....

just to let anyone who is interested know- i was very worried that we would miss our connecting flight with AirAsia in KL (connect to HCMC) as we had only 2 1/4 hours inbetween flights- we had so much spare time- enough to collect checked luggage which i thought i'd better take to carry hairspray, shaving cream etc.,) walk around- check out all the eateries, have some breakfast, change some money- and still had a 40 odd minute wait until we boarded our flight.

I'd also like to say, that every year we travel at least once (sometimes twice) to Asia and our airline of choice has always been SingaporeAir- well, no more - the AirAsia flight was truly excellent. We obviously had the new seats- they were very comfortable imho- plenty of leg room- enough tilt (or whatever you call it) the service was excellent with lovely smily atendants- the food was yummy (we purchased on the second leg)

actually the only complaint i could possibly make was that about 2 hours into the flight, which left at 1am- there was a very loud message over the speakers - which woke me up-

By the way, another interesting point - not sure whether it was because we had a small check in luggage as well as our two small cases which we took onboard- but, they did not weigh nor measure our little pull-on cases- neither did they check our liquids and gels bag (which was as requested in a see through plastic bag) I never even took it out of my bag to show anyone and no-one asked to see it- it just went through the x-ray with everything else in my bag.

when we arrived at the terminal- i seemed like there were hundreds of passengers, and yet, when I woke up early in the morning and wandered up to the back, there were so many vacant seats, and loads and loads of people stretched out on all three seats- they must have had a wonderful even more comfortable journey.

so, I must say AirAsia rocks!!!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
26,732 posts
2,223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: all that worry for nothing.....

maz1

I thought it would be tight but well done.

We had 3 hours between flights and our flight was 45 minutes late leaving Tianjin to KL so I was starting to stress. We caught up the 45 mins in the air. I thought great. When we got to Kl huge queues at immigration as many flights must have arrived at the same time and I started to stress again. We did it easily in the end though.

Tommo

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: all that worry for nothing.....

Thats great maz

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,855 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: all that worry for nothing.....

hi guys-

tommo- talking about pre-stressing omg- I had decided to only take hand-luggage just in case we were running late i didn't want to have to wait even one minute for check-in luggage- then day before we left, i had a brain wave- i would pack a small 'check-in' luggage with stuff that I really need- but, could live without if i had to- and if our plane was running late, i would just not bother to pick up the check-in bag from the turnstile, just hope it was in left luggage when i go through KL on the way home- but, then I started adjusting all the 3 bags (the two take-ons and the one for the check-in) and in the end, somehow, i managed to leave at home a few really important things like hubbys caps, sunscreen and woe is me- my big round blow-drying hairbrush (go try to find a big round hairbrush in hcmc hahahah)

not only that, but i waited until within 24 hours to decide to do this, so it cost me 2 x $15 to add 'excess luggage' for the two sectors hahaha- what a dill!!!

anyhoo- it's all a moot point because as i said, there was just so much time leftover

all's well that ends well, though, and i'm happlily here in hcmc- recovering from the 12 hours of flights.

4. Re: all that worry for nothing.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 04, 2011