We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airports in Kuala Lumpur - How Many?

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
Level Contributor
152 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Airports in Kuala Lumpur - How Many?

Hi someone said that the Air Asia flight I am flying on from Perth to KL and then on to London flew into a different airport than the international one and that if I wanted to go into the cbd I could be faced with a few hours just to get into the city area - is this correct? Is there anything I should specifically see in my 12 hour turnaround?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers Lyn

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,930 posts
334 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airports in Kuala Lumpur - How Many?

HI

Not really sure what your question is, so will answer what I think you are asking. . . .

There are 2 airports in Kuala Lumpur. Kuala Lumpur International airport (which has 2 terminals, KLIA and LCCT) (KUL) and Subang Sky park (SZB)

But in the case of the question that you are asking, the Air Asia flight from Perth and then the flight to London (with which airline???) will be from Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KUL)

You will be arriving into the LCC Terminal at KUL with Air Asia, and then you need to transfer to the KLIA terminal, 20mins by road using Bus or Taxi.

UNLESS you are flying with Air Asia to London . . . then you just check in again at LCCT, as all Air Asia flights fly in and out of LCCT at KUL.

KUL airport is 60mins south of the city and SZB is 25mins west of the city.

So, if arriving at KUL you have 12 hours between your flights, you could put your bags into left luggage and then get a bus or taxi into the city.

It takes around 60mins to get off the plane, clear immigrations, collect your bags and clear customs, then an hour into the city, 7hours in the city, before and hour back to the airport and then 2-3hours to check in.

Hope that makes sense.

Do look at the following FAQs in TOP QUESTIONS ABOUT KUALA LUMPUR on the right hand side of this page -->

FAQ Costs airport to city

FAQ Airport to KL / Sentral

FAQ Long transit before flight

FAQ Kuala Lumpur sights

FAQ Monorail or LRT to sights

Have fun, and if you want to know anything else, just ask.

Perth
Level Contributor
152 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airports in Kuala Lumpur - How Many?

Hi thankyou so much am flying Air Asia to London from KL - am sooo tired hence jumbled message.

Any suggestions on what I should see whilst roaming around - someone suggested the hop on hop off bus, but notice it doesnt always turn up and can be late?

Cheers Lyn

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,930 posts
334 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airports in Kuala Lumpur - How Many?

HI

You are flying IN and OUT of the same terminal [LCCT] at KUL airport.

So you can tell the someone who confused you that they are talking pants.

It will take 60mins to clear and another 60mins to get to the city, as already mentioned, and leave the city in plenty of time to get back to check in for your onward flight to [London], looking to leave the city around 3hours beforehand.

Only think I can suggest is read the options on FAQ long transfer between flights, see what appeals to you.

If you fancy heading into the city, then the HOHO would work well, it can run late at peak / rush hour times. It is a good way to see the city.

Personally I would get a cab from the airport, go to KLCC / Petronas Towers, walk around the park, take in the views of the Petronas Towers, go up to the Skybar at Traders and have an iced coffee and enjoy the views some more. Maybe walk over to Bukit Bintang, head to Sungei Wang, do a bit of shopping, have a meal in the Pavillion Mall and then head back the airport.

But it very much your shout, what do you want to do . . . . .

4. Re: Airports in Kuala Lumpur - How Many?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, October 11, 2010