We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from LCC terminal KLIA to Butik Bintang?

delhi
6 posts
Save Topic
Transportation from LCC terminal KLIA to Butik Bintang?

i will be arriving at LCC terminal KLIA around midnight. i understand that the airport is far from the city, is it safe to take a taxi from there to bukit bintang? or are there other means of transport that i can take?

how much taxi charge? we are 4 adults one 8 year old child with 2 big luggage and 2 hand baggage.

which will be the cheapest way of transport?

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
12,131 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from LCC terminal KLIA to Butik Bintang?

Please read FAQ on the right - costs of airport to city.

You will need a van and costs to KL is approx RM 180 + 50% midnight surcharge. That would be the most direct and most convienent.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,118 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from LCC terminal KLIA to Butik Bintang?

The airport taxi service is safe. Just make sure you organise your taxi at the airport taxi counter when you walk through customs from the baggage claim area. You wont miss it and it is before you enter the general arrivals hall at the airport.

Do not taxi a taxi from one of the people in the general arrivals hall, these people are private business owners and likely to take you for a "ride".

Just a word of warning on the freeway from the airport to the city the taxis drive very fast, if you are feeling uncomfortable just politely ask for them to slowdown and they will.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,431 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from LCC terminal KLIA to Butik Bintang?

HI

As previous if you look to the right on this page --> at the TOP QUESTIONS ABOUT KUALA LUMPUR, especially

FAQ Costs airport to city

All your questions wil be answered.

I can't think why the taxis would not be safe, we always use the taxi option with no problem or issues.

You may also find reading the following useful

FAQ Airport to KL / Sentral

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,431 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from LCC terminal KLIA to Butik Bintang?

As folks seem to find the FAQs difficult to understand here is the transit list. Only YOU can decide what is the best option for you and your party . . . .

A taxi is door to door and will take about 40-60 minutes dependant on the traffic. The TAXI counter is clearly marked in the arrivals hall at both KLIA and LCCT terminals at KUL. Tell the assistant where you want to go [hotel] and the type of taxi [budget or premier, or minivan], pay your money [75-90myr budget small compact vehicle, 105-120myr premier larger roomier vehicle or around 200-300 myr minivan, All taxis charge a 50% surcharge on costs from midnight to 6am., get given a voucher, go to the taxi driver, give the voucher to the driver, and they take you to your destination, no additional costs only than a tip which is up to you. Do not get into a non voucher taxi or use touts, they will rip you off, they are not licensed and do not have adequate taxi insurance. Prebooked cars or hotel cars will cost considerably more.

You can take the KLIA Ekspress from KLIA to KL Sentral, which takes 30 minutes and runs every 15 minutes between 6-9am and from 4-10pm, otherwise they run every 20minutes (including Saturday and Sunday. Although from midnight to 6am the trains run every 30 minutes. The first train leaves KLIA at 5am and the last train leaves KLIA at 1am. Costs 35myr per adult (70myr return) to KL Sentral. http://www.kliaekspres.comindex_train_schedules.html.

Operated by the same company, KLIA Ekspress, the ‘KLIA Transit to LCCT’ goes from LCCT via a shuttle bus to Salak Tinggi station where you can get the KLIA Transit train to KL Sentral. Cost 12.50myr. The trains run between 6am and 1am, and leave Salak Tinggi every 30 minutes. The train makes 2 stops at Putrajaya / Cyberjaya and Bandar Taskie Selatan before getting to KL Sentral. kliaekspres.com/erlsb/…Default.aspx

Also offered by KLIA Ekspress is the VIP service, where you are met in arrivals, taken to the train, put on the train, met at KL Sentral, taken to a waiting car and taken to your hotel. This is expensive at around 100-140myr for hotels in the central area of Kuala Lumpur, like Bukit Bintang or KLCC.

kliaekspres.com/erlsb/…Default.aspx

You can transit between the 2 terminals at KUL (KLIA and LCCT ) by taxi [35myr] or bus [2myr] with Airport Liner or City Liner. The buses run every 20 minutes from 5:30 to 00:30 daily just outside the arrivals hall. Buy the tickets on the bus.

There are several buses doing the KLIA to KL Sentral / City route:

Express Coach www.airportcoach.com.my takes about 1 hours, 10myr per person, first bus goes at 6:30am and the last bus goes at 00.30am.

The Sky Bus offered by Air Asia from LCCT will take you to KL Sentral for only a few ringitt but takes 1 hour 15 minutes. Costs 9myr per person. The first bus leaves LCCT at 7am and the last bus leaves LCCT at 3:15am. http://www.skybus.com.my/schedule.html

Air Asia also operate a SKYVAN from LCCT, which is their own taxi for up to 10 people. This will cost from 135myr, e-mail info@skyvans.com.my. Or the at the SkyVan counter at LCCT. http://www.skybus.com.my/skyvans.html

You will need to catch a taxi from KL Sentral to your hotel [or final destination], again buy a coupon from the taxi counter, cost 10-20myr. Some people also like to look at LRTrains or the monorail as an option, but it depends on where you hotel it.

http://www.kiat.net/malaysia/KL/transit.html

http://www.malaxi.com/Map_transit.htm

http://www.thepricechat.com/train/planner.php

www.klmonorail.com.my/web/guest/stations

You can also get the StarShuttle bus to the Puduraya Bus Depot, and then onto the hotel transit bus from there. Cost 12-20myr per person, you need to tell the driver which hotel you are staying at. http://www.starwira.com/

Mentioned in this post
Putrajaya
Putrajaya
Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Bukit Bintang
Bukit Bintang
1,252 Reviews
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Sydney
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from LCC terminal KLIA to Butik Bintang?

i will be arriving at LCC terminal KLIA around 8:30pm

how much taxi charge to Petaling Jaya?

We are 2 adults and 2 kids, probably 2 big luggage and 2 hand baggage.

Sydney
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from LCC terminal KLIA to Butik Bintang?

i will be arriving at LCC terminal KLIA around 8:30pm

how much taxi charge to Petaling Jaya?

We are 2 adults and 2 kids, probably 2 big luggage and 2 hand baggage.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,431 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation from LCC terminal KLIA to Butik Bintang?

Hi Ed

Rather than hijacking what is an old post, whcy not do what is suggested in this thread and read the FAQs . . . . but a compact budget taxi will cost around 65myr, a premier taxi 86myr, and a family van 168myr.

Sydney
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation from LCC terminal KLIA to Butik Bintang?

thanks for your advise....

Townsville
Level Contributor
55 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation from LCC terminal KLIA to Butik Bintang?

This may sound stupid but what the heck is "KL Sentral"?

Is it a bus terminal? A Mall? A drop-off point on the road? A town? Halfway between the 2 terminals?

I am assuming it is somewhere in KL's CBD but who knows?

Oh well I'll find out in a few weeks when I get there!

P.S. This question was supposed to be on the "Airport Transfer Options" thread. Somehow it ended up here. Go figure????

Edited: 1:23 am, July 22, 2010
Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,431 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transportation from LCC terminal KLIA to Butik Bintang?

Hi

No question is every stupid, however in the ever friendly Malaysian forum we do like Pleases and Thanks.

The answers are always out there . . . .

KL Sentral is the main train station. Its also where several of the airport buses drop customers so they can get trains and taxis elsewhere. Unlike it's name KL Sentral is not in a central location, and is slightly out of the city on the south west edge and takes about 10-15mins to get from KL Sentral to the popular malls and shopping areas.

The main CBD is around the area known as 'the golden triangle' and encompasses Jalan Bukit Bintang and KLCC [Petronas Towers] areas.

The main international airport (KUL) is around 60mins south from the city at Sepang. There are two terminals at the main international airport, KLIA and LCCT. KLIA also is made up of 2 buildings the main where most domestic flights go from and the satellite where most of the wide bodied planes on international flights go from. Buses and trains run from KUL to KL Sentral.

There is also another airport 30mins west of the city at Subang that was the old international airport before the new one opened around 10 years ago.

But if you are after an Airport Transfer Option, well

 FAQ Airport costs & transfers

 FAQ Airport Transfer Options

do answer all the questions and offer the current prices.

Have a great stay.