We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia Flight Times

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Air Asia Flight Times

I have just looked at the Air Asia web site and have seen that my flight booked for next week is departing an hour earlier than the time that is on my booking ticket. I called them and was told yes it is departing at the earlier time. I did register with them and did not receive an email advising of this. I presume due to being no frills that they don't do this.

Just thought I'd let anyone know who is flying with them soon so you can check your departure time. Lucky I did or we would have arrived too late for check in!!

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,213 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Asia Flight Times

Hi

Thank you for the uppdate.

Airasia could not be bother,sometime you might receive a sms at very short notice and that is the best they would do.

Cheers

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
220 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Asia Flight Times

Thanks Westaus211

Good advice. Always check AA site at least the day before departing just in case.

I am still wating on notification that my flights to Abu Dhabi hae been cancelled...

Good thing I read about it on TA and arranged my refunds.

Regards

Western Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Asia Flight Times

Hi fellow WestAussie,

We are flying Perth to KL on Wednesday and then KL to London Thursday. I could be wrong but these long haul ones don't seem to change (fingers crossed!). Any other TA'ers on these flights?

Perth
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Asia Flight Times

Hi Monkeypenny

The air asia flight on Wednesday morning (10.03.10) did originally say it departed at 07.35am. It has now been amended to 06.35am. I think it was because WA didn't change to daylight saving this year. If your ticket was booked some time ago it would have the old time on it . Once you get to KL all times will be correct.

perth,wa
Level Contributor
123 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Asia Flight Times

when we didn't have daylight saving last year, i got an email & a text message from them to say the flight was at 6.35am instead of 7.35am, & it was because of the day light saving, I even needed to reply to the email to let them know I'd received it ok.

Luckily, I've had 2 flights since then, but no confusion thank goodness, as officially , we're not having daylight saving, so it's the usual 6.35am flight.

Western Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Asia Flight Times

Aaah, Thanks guys, now I know why everyone was referring to the 1 hour flight change and I was oblivious. All good, cant wait, 2 more sleeps....

perth,wa
Level Contributor
123 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Asia Flight Times

Lucky you Monkeypenny, have fun sight seeing & shopping, you're going at a good time, our dollar is strong overseas. Someone told me yesterday, she just got home at the weekend & she was getting just over 3Rm to the dollar.

Perth
Level Contributor
22 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Asia Flight Times

Do any of you know if the Perth - KL AA flights have the new seats yet and if not, when they will be installed?

Western Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Asia Flight Times

Hi Jessar,

Not sure about the exact dates for the new seats. There is a blog on AirAsia website and the CEO answers questions.

blog.airasia.com/index.php/azranosmanrani

Found this info on there:

Dear Jeanette,

All Melbourne and Perth flights are scheduled for new seats from 5 April. Gold Coast form 18 April. No change in exit row seats between existing and new seat layouts.

And also:

* In April 2010 I am travelling from Perth-KL then from KL - London. Will there be in flight entertainment? If so, will it be those hand held devices, or will the tv be installed on the backs of the seats?

Hi Laura,

1. There should be in-flight entertment. Definitely portable units for KL-London. Perth-KL could either be portable units or in-seat units, depending on the aircraft rotation for that particular flight.

Perth Western...
Level Contributor
877 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Asia Flight Times

hi monkeypenny.. Thanks, from the 5th April hmmm you wouldn't read about it I'm due to fly 5th April, so guess I'll have to hope for it being on the plane coming back to Perth from KL