We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting KL with kids

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cologne, Germany
2 posts
Save Topic
Visiting KL with kids

We'll be in KL for three nights at the end of November. Our kids (ages 4 and 2) will be with us. Any recommendations for family friendly hotels? Good places to visit with little kids?

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting KL with kids

I have been travelling since is was 2 years old with my parents on business to KL. It has now become one of our favourite family destinations in which we still go with my younger sister. We used to stay at MiCasa All Suite Hotel but for the last 5 years (we visit KL around 4 times a year) have stayed in the Shangri-la. I have tried almost everyone of the top hotels in KL and always loved this one. If it is in your price range I would go for an executive room on the executive floor. The breakfasts are superb with fantastic selection perfect for fussy children as I was. The hotel has an excellent cafe downstairs if the kids are ever starving and you don't want to go out, room service is also excellent with lots of choice for children. Very close walk from the hotel is KLCC (large shopping centre) and many places to eat such as an Italian Restaurant, Argentinian Steak House, Coffee Club, Thai Restaurant, Hawkers and 24 hour Curry Houses. A monoral stop is about 5 minutes walk away which would take you up to Bukit Bintang another large shopping area. In fact for four people it is always cheaper to take a taxi as when you add up the cost of monorail tickets it is more then the cab fare. However when there is traffic which you will see from your window you are better of catching a monorail. It is very close to China Town where the markets are. This is a fantastic site about things to do in KL with kids: travelforkids.com/Funtodo/…kualalumpur.htm

As a child I always loved the Butterfly and Bird Park.

If you ever want to have some quiet time the rooms have a DVD player and you can buy cheap DVD's in Sungei Wang Plaza at Bukit Bintang and put one on and keep the children busy. The pool area is also nice if they want to have some swims.

ENJOY!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
238 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting KL with kids

Most hotels are family friendly. With kids, you might want to go with hotels that has a pool because of the heat there. I always like grand park royal and Royal Bintang because of the location and the pool. You can also take your kids to Sunway Lagoon, Genting Highland or the indoor theme park at Berjaya Time Square. Also, Petrosains at KLCC Tower which the kids will have a ball.