We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buffet dinner at menara

Adelaide
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
20 reviews
Buffet dinner at menara

Staying 1 night in K.L. before we head back home and would like to know the cost for the buffet upat Menara Restaurant if someone knows. I understand the food isnt to some people standards, but think with the views that it would make up for it especially as I would like to get there just as it gets dark There are 5 mouths to feed so I would like to know whether it is affordable.

Thanks again,

Adam

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Buffet dinner at menara

Hi adam,

yes, the views are good, but remember that the restaurant is revolving, so you won't get the twin towers view all night long; only for about 20mins before it turns the other direction. Think its about RM 160 per adult and RM 90 per child including all 15% goverment tax and service charge. Not including drinks (have to order extra if you want soft drinks or wine).

Another better choice for food would probably be the Traders Upstairs grill. I had dinner with 2 other friends - mains for RM 38, starters at RM 20 and desert at RM 15; we paid about RM 400 for 3 persons (no alcohol) at the end of the night. food was very good esp their lamb shanks and the tables by the corner (back of the bar), offered all night views of the twin towers...

Have fun in KL!

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,878 posts
386 reviews
2. Re: Buffet dinner at menara

Hi

You might find this pdf useful

serimelayu.com/restaurants/angkasa_kl/pdf/RB…

Prices shown as ++ indicates are plus 10% tax and 5% servicde charge.

Prices don't include drinks other than a jug of iced water.

The food is not the best, there are better local restaurants, but the food is a pretty good mix of local and international fare, plus a sweet counter. Most people come to Malaysia to enjoy the great local fare, and whilst we enjoy a meal at the Pavillion Mall or Starhill Gallery far more, the views from the revolving restarant are great, not only of the Petronas Towers but of the whole city, and as the restaurant is constantly revolving we find that most dinners will last at least 3-4 full revolutions so you get to see the sights.

Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, George Town
Level Contributor
5,126 posts
65 reviews
3. Re: Buffet dinner at menara

As a 'Foodie' and chef, I feel that Menara is only a couple of steps above Micky D's

The ladies above offer good advice...... in Menara you pay for the view - NOT the food.

4. Re: Buffet dinner at menara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 10, 2010