We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Coach to Hotel Grand Continental?

Cowbeech, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Airport Coach to Hotel Grand Continental?

On Sunday 17/08 I am arriving at KLIA with a party of six people.I am hoping to use the Airport Coach service to reach the Grand Continental. How near to the hotel does the coach get me and could I use the LRT to complete the journey as there is one near the hotel? I am really looking for the cheapest transportation for six people. Time taken is not an issue because we are arriving at 0900 and the rooms will not be ready till 1400. Many thanks in advance for your replies regards Jeremy. P.S. I am trying to avoid taxis because I do not appreciate being ripped off.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
12,822 posts
46 reviews
1. Re: Airport Coach to Hotel Grand Continental?

The Hotel is really not in a very good location. I suggest you write to the hotel for your travel options.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
2. Re: Airport Coach to Hotel Grand Continental?

Here's what I would suggest you:

First take the KLIA Ekspress from KLIA to KL Central. You will reach the KL city. Then you need to find the Sultan Ismail STAR LRT station. There are two options here:

1. Take the monorial from KL Central to Hang Tuah. Then change to STAR LRT from Hang Tuah to Sultan Ismail.

2. Take the putra lrt from KL Central to Masjid Jamek. Then change to STAR LRT from Masjid Jamek to Sultan Ismail.

The hotel should be within walking distance.

But as stated by the previous poster, it is a very old hotel and is not located at a strategic location. You can find much better hotel at the same price in KL area.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
30 reviews
3. Re: Airport Coach to Hotel Grand Continental?

There's no airport coach that's conveniently drop you off at your said hotel property.

Don't really know the reason you chose Grand Continental, but the most direct way is to take budget KLIA Limo taxis with fares prepaid at the counter. The prices are fixed , so no worries about being quoted much higher prices. You will need a min. of 2 taxis depending on how many luggage you have.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
4. Re: Airport Coach to Hotel Grand Continental?

the thread starter would like to avoid taxi.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
12,822 posts
46 reviews
5. Re: Airport Coach to Hotel Grand Continental?

BTW You will not get "ripped off" by airport taxis as the airport limo service is by coupons and fixed price.

Cowbeech, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
6. Re: Airport Coach to Hotel Grand Continental?

Thank you all for your responses.The information should be invaluable when we arrive.To set the record straight,we are lucky enough to be in KL for 15 nights and being a party of 6 needed a good long stay rate for the hotel.The Citrus had dire reviews and the Radius seems to be in receivership.We needed a pool and have chosen executive rooms within a cheaper hotel because this has worked well for us before.We are now committed to the Grand Continental and will review when we return.Thank you all again,Jeremy.

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
713 posts
7. Re: Airport Coach to Hotel Grand Continental?

For around the fare of 2 budget taxis (airport limo), they have a "family service" where they use a large van instead. As mentioned before, the fare is prepaid using a coupon system and will probably cost around MYR180 for the van.

8. Re: Airport Coach to Hotel Grand Continental?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, September 30, 2009