We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage Storage options in KL

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
295 posts
610 reviews
Save Topic
Luggage Storage options in KL

My family is travelling in a large group to KL in January 2009 and staying 4 days (Corus Hotel) before getting an Air Asia flight to Penang. We return to KL after 6 days but dont want to take too much luggage.

Does anyone know if you can securely store luggage at the airport or other places. We are not returning to the same hotel on our return but staying at Sunway Hotel. If anyone has done this to save excess Airline baggage costs or to just avoid dragging shopping around, I am keen on any options/costs.

Thanks in advance.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage Storage options in KL

Hi

Whilst there in March I left baggage at KL Sentral Station (as I wasn't flying)Can't remember how much it cost but it certainly wasn't expensive

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
295 posts
610 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage Storage options in KL

Thanks Sian,

I take it that Sentral Station is the train station? If they provide lockers then I could probably guess that something similar exists at the airport?

Anyway thanks... it gives me something to start with.

western aust
Level Contributor
610 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage Storage options in KL

hi,we are thinking about the same thing.we are in kl 6 days then fly with air asia to penang 6 days.there is left luggage at LCC budget terminal.havent found out what hours it is open or the price for lockers yet.from what I have read it is on the 5th floor,near Suria cafe and Kentucky Fried Chicken.if anyone knows any more than that can they please let us know.we have up graded our cases with tiger on the way home.jenny

Malaysia
Level Contributor
556 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggage Storage options in KL

Chizzel, call Sunway Hotel and request them to store your luggage as you'll be staying with them on your return trip.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
295 posts
610 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luggage Storage options in KL

Thanks for the advice DSS2. I will email Sunway to see if we can drop it off before we set off to Penang.

Hi Mandurah, Thanks for that advice about the Airport Baggage storage at the airport. I will keep researching.

Thanks again.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luggage Storage options in KL

I doubt there's a left luggage service counter at Sentral Station, coin-operated lockers maybe (don't know if it's big enough space). And I don't think I've come across one at the LCCT terminal (which Air Asia uses). There's however two left luggage service counters at the KLIA terminal (a short bus ride away from LCCT where you'll land). It costs RM10-40/day depends on luggage size.

I hope that helps.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
295 posts
610 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luggage Storage options in KL

RioJ

Thanks for that. It gives me something to work on, especially the estimated costs that you provided.

Hong Kong
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Luggage Storage options in KL

hi i was checking for the same option to travel light and come across a blog that says the lockers are not for overnight rental. Have a read: -

www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa…

[12:26:09 AM] sparky-on-skype says: emyohmy.blogspot.com/2008/12/kl-sentral.html

9. Re: Luggage Storage options in KL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 pm, September 30, 2009