We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Hotel in KL

kolkata
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Budget Hotel in KL

hello ...

I am visiting KL with my parents in May '08 ... am looking for a 2-3 star hotel in Bukit Bintang area ... whatever I've researched seems to suggest the following options:-

1. Hotel Fortuna

2. Corona Inn

3. Bintang Warisan Hotel

Any ideas? anyone stayed in any of these places? or any other hotels fitting the 140 - 170 RM per nite (incl. taxes, for a triple room, or a double room with extra bed)?

thanks a tonne...

R.

Melaka, Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
1. Re: Budget Hotel in KL

Hi RCKol,

Bintang Warisan has best location in the middle of Bukit Bintang and the hotel is decent enough.

Fortuna is few less than 5 minute walk from Bukit Bintang on a side street (where cars can pass through) in the area known as Little Arab for a few arabic restaurants there. It is quiet and a bit dark at night which may make people feel a bit unsafe but it is really just 500 meters from main street.

Corona Inn is also not far from Bukit Bintang about 5 - 10 mins walk on a quiet area one street behind the busy Jalan Alor food stalls.

If you can get Bintang Warisan at similar prices, go for it. You can read the reviews of these hotels here to decide for yourself. I have stayed these places many years ago.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,886 posts
88 reviews
2. Re: Budget Hotel in KL

rckol hiya just to let you know im staying at the fortuna in 3 weeks time on my own iv been down this strrt before that the hotels on with no worries if you want i,ll put a post on here to let you know whats its like if you want then when i come back to kl to go home i think i,ll stay at the royal bintang cant wait now only 3 weeks maggieomx

3. Re: Budget Hotel in KL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, September 17, 2009